How do I wipe out the install update notification under get updates in the Settings menu?

Aravind U

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
How to wipe out the Install update notification under "get updates" in Settings menu

I have Lumia 535 and accidently downloaded W10 preview to my phone. Now it's scheduled to install on my phone at a specific time. I don't want to upgrade now and need to delete those files downloaded. Is there any method that I can use to delete the downloaded files and to remove the update notification under "get updates"

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to wipe out the Install update notification under "get updates" in Settings menu

I have Lumia 535 and accidently downloaded W10 preview to my phone. Now it's scheduled to install on my phone at a specific time. I don't want to upgrade now and need to delete those files downloaded. Is there any method that I can use to delete the downloaded files and to remove the update notification under "get updates"

You can't unschedule it after it has been scheduled to download (but you can keep delaying the install)

To get rid of it you will have to do a Hard reset (setting > about my phone > reset phone and that should cancel the update. It will wipe your data and settings so back up before you do it. Also, make sure the "Automatically Update" box is unchecked after you do the reset.

If you don't want to do the reset you will just have to keep clicking on DONT UPDATE when you get the "There's an update to install" basically forever...

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to wipe out the Install update notification under "get updates" in Settings menu

You can't keep clicking 'don't update' as it will automatically install after a certain period. It did on my Lumia 930.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site

You can't keep clicking 'don't update' as it will automatically install after a certain period. It did on my Lumia 930.

Hard reset it is then..

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion