How do their meetings at Redmond work?

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I mean, you're way behind the competition, you've created a highly optimised and different OS, finally people are learning about you, startint to buy your phones, and then your 'updates' are so underwhelming it hurts.. I'm not saying, implement EVERY user request, but some of the most obvious ones, that don't interfere with your vision.
Like a full rgb color wheel for the tiles, cause the current ones, more then half are 'girlish', other half are neon pimp my ride puberty colors, and some of 'em that look like poo. So you're left only with 'Steel' for the Black theme. On the white theme it's a slightly better situation with three aceptable colors.
Then you have no plans to implement a Silent profile, really? Vibrate/Ring + vibrate... Really?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I mean, you're way behind the competition, you've created a highly optimised and different OS, finally people are learning about you, startint to buy your phones, and then your 'updates' are so underwhelming it hurts.. I'm not saying, implement EVERY user request, but some of the most obvious ones, that don't interfere with your vision.
Like a full rgb color wheel for the tiles, cause the current ones, more then half are 'girlish', other half are neon pimp my ride puberty colors, and some of 'em that look like poo. So you're left only with 'Steel' for the Black theme. On the white theme it's a slightly better situation with three aceptable colors.
Then you have no plans to implement a Silent profile, really? Vibrate/Ring + vibrate... Really?

While I disagree with you about more than half the colors being "girlish" an RGB color wheel would be really cool.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
It would be even cooler if each corner of a tile has its on RGB and you can do like bottom left is Blue and top right is Red and as it gets towards the center it fades...... something like final fantasy 7 background color menu lol a boy can only dream

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
These may seem "obvious", but are they more important than everything else? They only have so many engineers and so many hours. A punch list of all the "obvious" (even seemingly "easy") updates would run into the hundreds- if not thousands- each one with some small group of vocal champions. Add those things up and yes, they do in fact interfere with your vision.

In regards to the available theme colors, MS has said that they've purposely limited the options because of concerns about usability and readability. I'm no developer, and maybe they're blowing smoke, but the idea that they'd want to limit the situations in which a system-wide color theme creates problems makes some sense. Perhaps it would also create an issue for 3rd party devs if they need to design their app in such a way that it would look good with every possible color?

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
In regards to the available theme colors, MS has said that they've purposely limited the options because of concerns about usability and readability. I'm no developer, and maybe they're blowing smoke, but the idea that they'd want to limit the situations in which a system-wide color theme creates problems makes some sense. Perhaps it would also create an issue for 3rd party devs if they need to design their app in such a way that it would look good with every possible color?

Actually you do have a point there..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte