How Frustrating

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
This is ridiculous. Media events galore to announce the new Windows Phones, more media events to announce the new OS, and no one has a flipping clue as to when these things are coming.

Yes, BGR said 11/11 - they also said 10/21.

Local AT&T store - no clue: "we think in a few weeks but we're not sure"

Local Best Buy mobile rep: "to be honest, I didn't even realize there were new windows phones coming out"......really? Mobile rep?

BBMobile.com - equally clueless.

Someone step up & give a date & a price. This is driving me nuts.

Rant over. Thank you.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile will have the Windows Phone 8X and Nokia 810 on November 14th. Confirmed. In store. With unlimited data.

Come on in, the water is fine! :)

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
This is ridiculous. Media events galore to announce the new Windows Phones, more media events to announce the new OS, and no one has a flipping clue as to when these things are coming.

Yes, BGR said 11/11 - they also said 10/21.

Local AT&T store - no clue: "we think in a few weeks but we're not sure"

Local Best Buy mobile rep: "to be honest, I didn't even realize there were new windows phones coming out"......really? Mobile rep?

BBMobile.com - equally clueless.

Someone step up & give a date & a price. This is driving me nuts.

Rant over. Thank you.

Missed the article on the front page I take it?

T-Mobile will have the Windows Phone 8X and Nokia 810 on November 14th. Confirmed. In store. With unlimited data.

Come on in, the water is fine! :)

People switch to T-Mobile because they are broke, not people of the phone selection. AT&T will have the 8X and the 920 before T-Mobile anyways.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Missed the article on the front page I take it?

People switch to T-Mobile because they are broke, not people of the phone selection. AT&T will have the 8X and the 920 before T-Mobile anyways.

After I slammed my head in frustration into the keyboard, I saw the article. If they truly are coming next week, why won't AT&T just say that?

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. Why didn't Apple release the iPhone until one week after announcing availability?

LOL. Really? You're going to compare the Nokia launch debacle to the iPhone rollout?

There isn't much I like about Apple, but they do know how to execute a new product launch.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
LOL. Really? You're going to compare the Nokia launch debacle to the iPhone rollout?

There isn't much I like about Apple, but they do know how to execute a new product launch.

What's the debacle? 99% of the phone buying consumers were not aware of any problems with the launch. It's just us hardcore internet guys who read every bit of news.

November 9th is a week away. I think we can calm down now. When AT&T officially announces it(Should be this weekend), it won't speed it up any. The 9th is the 9th is the 9th.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
What's the debacle? 99% of the phone buying consumers were not aware of any problems with the launch. It's just us hardcore internet guys who read every bit of news.

November 9th is a week away. I think we can calm down now. When AT&T officially announces it(Should be this weekend), it won't speed it up any. The 9th is the 9th is the 9th.

Doesn't make it any less frustrating. I guess I'm used to the apple launches where hardware & software are launched together.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't make it any less frustrating. I guess I'm used to the apple launches where hardware & software are launched together.

Yea expect everyone knew every single thing about the iPhone 5 months prior, and it wasn't for sale until a week+ after the event.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

People switch to T-Mobile because they like unlimited data and access to the only date-confirmed Windows Phones in the USA.

Why pay more (2x more) to get less (capped data instead of unlimited) and not even know when your new devices are coming? ;)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
After I slammed my head in frustration into the keyboard, I saw the article. If they truly are coming next week, why won't AT&T just say that?

Because it isn't yet confirmed -- even by people who work at AT&T.

I'm fairly confident that we T-Mo peeps will be rocking new 8Xes long before general availability on AT&T, especially if you want a 920.

KrankyKoder

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Why didn't Apple release the iPhone until one week after announcing availability?

That article says right there in the title.. "Rumor".

11/9 is the 3rd such rumor, following 10/21 then 11/11.

Until AT&T themselves announce a date that's all it is, rumor and speculation.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
People switch to T-Mobile because they like unlimited data and access to the only date-confirmed Windows Phones in the USA.

Why pay more (2x more) to get less (capped data instead of unlimited) and not even know when your new devices are coming? ;)

Absolutely wrong. First of all, T-Mobile brought back unlimited data only very recently. And you really think people are switching to T-Mobile because they have launch dates for a couple phones with an OS that the predecessor has less than 5% market share? I love Windows Phone, but if you believe that to be true in the slightest, you are delusional.

If anyone is switching to any carrier for unlimited data, they should go to Sprint since they at least are rolling out their LTE network. Every single last person I have ever talked to that has T-Mobile, when you ask them why, the very first words out of their mouth are about it being cheap. Until very recently with the GSIII and Note 2 and the upcoming HTC 8X, T-Mobile only even got second rate phones. No iPhone, no non-Samsung high end Android, no high end Windows Phone. They are a second rate carrier that hemmorages contract subscribers to all the other carriers and is kept afloat by their inexpensive, no contract plans and their Monthly 4G pre-paid plans.

And I'll gladly pay AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint's prices over T-Mobile for the better coverage and LTE. So would most people. Thats why T-Mobile is the smallest, least signifigant of the four national carriers.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely wrong. First of all, T-Mobile brought back unlimited data only very recently. And you really think people are switching to T-Mobile because they have launch dates for a couple phones with an OS that the predecessor has less than 5% market share? I love Windows Phone, but if you believe that to be true in the slightest, you are delusional.

No, I am not saying any of that (though that straw man you've constructed would make an EXCELLENT scarecrow for the pumpkin patch!) :D

I'm just pointing out that if you want Windows Phones with confirmed ship dates, there's only one carrier in the USA with that -- T-Mobile.

If you want unlimited 4G on a national network, there's only one carrier in the USA with that -- T-Mobile.

And the price is lower.

A better experience, at a lower price, with devices available now... or a more expensive, capped experience, at a higher price, with devices "coming soon." Hmmmm... :)

go to Sprint since they at least are rolling out their LTE network

Yeah, I believe Sprint's LTE network covers something like 30 cities and towns now.

The vast majority of Sprint subscribers get only WiMax (dead end) or overloaded EVDO (dial-up data speeds).

And no Windows Phones at all.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Debacle is a strong word. Especially when at&t didn't miss any date. The internet rumor date came and went. at&t will announce the day and then they will release on that day. It is only our anticipation since we have been waiting for this day since June.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
No, I am not saying any of that (though that straw man you've constructed would make an EXCELLENT scarecrow for the pumpkin patch!) :D

I'm just pointing out that if you want Windows Phones with confirmed ship dates, there's only one carrier in the USA with that -- T-Mobile.

If you want unlimited 4G on a national network, there's only one carrier in the USA with that -- T-Mobile.

And the price is lower.

A better experience, at a lower price, with devices available now... or a more expensive, capped experience, at a higher price, with devices "coming soon." Hmmmm... :)

Yeah, I believe Sprint's LTE network covers something like 30 cities and towns now.

The vast majority of Sprint subscribers get only WiMax (dead end) or overloaded EVDO (dial-up data speeds).

And no Windows Phones at all.

That is 30 more cities than T-Mobile's LTE network, just saying.

AT&T has a larger HSPA+ network even though they started rolling it out later than T-Mobile. They have LTE and are rolling it out to more and more cities at a pretty decent pace. I have no personal issues with T-Mobile, I used to have them and was fairly satisfied. But it is not a better experience. Having used both within the past year, I can tell you that when you choose one of the two nation wide GSM carriers in the US, you get what you pay for. If T-Mobile suits you, that is fine. You should stick with them and save money. But do not lie to yourself or others and try and convince people that T-Mobile is the better of the two. It is the more economical.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
That is 30 more cities than T-Mobile's LTE network, just saying.

LTE is, in many cases, overrated. I know several people with LTE AT&T and VZW phones who get lower sustained data throughput than I do.

T-Mobile's LTE rollout is also going to be LTE-Advanced, not the gen 1 stuff the other carriers are going with.

Here's an example of how T-Mobile HSPA+ is more than adequate:

4G Speed Test (LTE vs HSPA+ or AT&T vs T Mobile) on Samsung Galaxy S3 - YouTube

(As you can see, HSPA+28 on T-Mobile is over twice as fast as AT&T LTE because it has WAY more backhaul, so it can hit the top speed of the technology much more easily). That's as important -- often more important -- than the tech used.

Not to mention, the speed test will get increasingly expensive on the AT&T device as he hits the data cap...

So T-Mobile is cheaper and MUCH faster, and will have top-flight Windows Phones, but it's not a great choice for most people, because...?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
LTE is, in many cases, overrated. I know several people with LTE AT&T and VZW phones who get lower sustained data throughput than I do.

T-Mobile's LTE rollout is also going to be LTE-Advanced, not the gen 1 stuff the other carriers are going with.

Here's an example of how T-Mobile HSPA+ is more than adequate:

4G Speed Test (LTE vs HSPA+ or AT&T vs T Mobile) on Samsung Galaxy S3 - YouTube

(As you can see, HSPA+28 on T-Mobile is over twice as fast as AT&T LTE because it has WAY more backhaul, so it can hit the top speed of the technology much more easily). That's as important -- often more important -- than the tech used.

Not to mention, the speed test will get increasingly expensive on the AT&T device as he hits the data cap...

So T-Mobile is cheaper and MUCH faster, and will have top-flight Windows Phones, but it's not a great choice for most people, because...?

Because a lot of people don't have T-Mobile service in their area and if they do, it sucks, as well as the speeds. Those LTE Advanced speeds are great. But they don't exist anywhere near me. So big woop.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't say a LOT of people. Only about 5% of the population lives outside of a signal area.

I just find all the T-Mo bashing strange, along with the addiction to high-priced plans with data caps. The vast majority of posters complaining about the Big Two would get better service at a lower price on T-Mo, if they'd just give it a shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion