How Good is the Lumia 950 .dng images for Post Processing.

kwartey

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I have been thinking of getting a Lumia 950 mainly for its camera. I want to know how good the raw/dng images are for post processing. Would I get close to dslr like pictures after editing them .?? Would anyone recommend I get it mainly for this purpose ?. Btw Am a fan of windows phone. I would consider an android too ,that is LG G5 if it also has good raw images for post processing. Thanks.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 950 for a few months now since November of 2016 the phone is great except for battery drains of course depends on what you doing on the phone. As for the camera. I have to the camera is great i have no complaints. Best camera on a phone I've had yet. As for raw pictures i don't take pics in that format on my 950 as i feel a lot of details is lost while taken in dng format even if i use a third party app to open it. That or if that how raw images turn out to be when zoom in then guess that all i can in regards of that. I just takes pics as jpg with the camera as i feel it gives best details when zoomed in. I can't say the same for dng.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05