How is your experience with Hey Cortana?

LarsCor

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Guys, I was wondering how is your experience with Hey Cortana on the Lumia 950 XL? I happen to have an Xbox One, Surface Pro 3 and Lumia 950 XL and all have Hey Cortana enabled. So fun thing is when I shout Hey Cortana, all three devices should light up... should. In most cases, both My Xbox (with Kinect) and Surface immediately react. The phone however, stays quiet. I've tried enabeling recognizing non native accents (although I dont have that enabled on my Surface) and tried learning my voice, with little to no result.

Funny thing, every one in a while, Cortana just starts listening at pretty random moments.

So how is your experience?

Thazal

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I've had a similar experience, I said "Hey Cortana play music" and my desktop and phone started. She's also been starting randomly lately perhaps I need to re-calibrate her to my voice again and you may need to do it if she isn't responding on your phone. I enjoy using Cortana and I don't need to hold the phone up to my face if I'm speaking clearly enough.

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
My experience is that it took next to no time to disable!
Wish MS would focus on core functionality and stop mucking about with gimmicks. Even die-hard iPhone fans turn of Siri when the novelty wears off.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
My take (unlocked 950XL DS) is that Hey Cortana is not quite ready for prime time on W10M. I find it never works the first time. It responds well and quickly to "Hey Cortana" but then takes a long time (and usually a couple of tries) before it actually responds to your question/request. Usually, the first time I get the "Can't do that right now" or "I've hit a snag" type response.

The good news is that enabling Hey Cortana does not seem to significantly impact battery life. I get almost as good standby battery with Hey Cortana enabled as disabled. (In fact, battery life overall on 14393.67 seems excellent - the best build yet for me in that regard.)

marksasongko

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey Cortana had been very inconsistent to the point that I finally disabled it. However, when manually conditioned to listen (long-pressing the search button), it has been very useful and quite accurate even for a non-native speaker like myself.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Ive only used 'Hey Cortana' a handful of times on friends devices and each time I've used it there have been no problems and works perfectly. i haven't tried to link many devices together like OP but i must give it a try someday ^_^

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I agree with others on here. Hey Cortana has been very inconsistent. Sometimes she will respond and other times she won't. I'm not really sure why it's having such a problem, but I'm hoping they fix it in RS2. I would love to be able to use Cortana with near 100% reliability rather than this 50/50 shot of if she's going to respond and actually feel like working.

tsax6010

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey Cortana works great for me most of the time when I need it - say - when driving and I want to make a quick call or send a txt. From time to time I need to do a soft reset for it to start listening again.

My biggest issue is with the Xbox One - since the change from "Xbox" commands to "Hey Cortana", my phone, my wife's phone, and my Surface Pro 4 work tablet all fire up when trying to do a simple command on the Xbox. In some ways it works too good I guess... I remember reading something about MS working on a way to determine which device Cortana is being requested based on the command given, working out the logic in the cloud, then taking appropriate action - but that sounds like a lot of processing delay.

isicles

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I cant get Hey Cortana working at all. When i try to "Learn My Voice" it types in everything i said and then say "Sorry i didn't get that, Try again".

I resetted the phone tried UK language and every other settings i could play with but no luck. Cant get hey Cortana working at all.

On Laptop it is perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss