how to automatically show touch keyboard with mouse click?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

how to automatically show touch keyboard when I left click (with external mouse) a input field in Windows? (my touchscreen is broken so I use the Microsoft sculpt comfort mouse)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi @ochhanz, one solution is: Right click the TaskBar > check the "Show Touch Keyboard Button" from the pop up menu, then when you need to input text into a textbox: position the cursor inside the textbox (by clicking on the textbox with your mouse) > click the Touch Keyboard Button (located on the right side of the taskbar) > this will bring up the on screen touch keyboard.

Another option : go to Settings > Ease of Access> Keyboard > toggle the On-Screen Keyboard to "ON" (first option), then minimize the on-screen Keyboard , it will remain accessible in the taskbar until you change it.

Check out this link for other options: https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/6-ways-to-turn-on-on-screen-keyboard-in-windows-10.html

Last edited:

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi @mtf1380 , tnx for replying but I know how to do it manually those ways. I am looking for a way to either show it automatically when clicking an input box (similar to how this is possible with touch), or through a macro, or a combination of keys or such. Perhaps someone knows the command line to show the touch keyboard?

Also please note that I am referring to the touch keyboard (the one with the swype keyboard, handwriting panel etc) and not the other outdated one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorGabl