How to get focused inbox in Outlook?

EFats

May 6, 2018
Visit site
This is running latest OS and Outlook on Lumia 950 and 650.
I have Outlook.com account, when try to get to the settings for Focused Inbox in the Outlook app, it says this setting can't be applied to any of my accounts. However using web browser is ok and Outlook on iOS and Android is also capable of this no problem on the same account.

Is this feature just borked or do I need to change some other setting to get it to work?

EFats

May 6, 2018
Visit site
What settings in sync? There aren't a lot to choose from. There's the sync time, how much to sync... and that's pretty much it. I tried changing the sync interval, didn't work.
The app itself is updated (thanks Microsoft!), always done automatically by the store...

EFats

May 6, 2018
Visit site
This is already the setting for Outlook on the web. I get Focused inbox on the web, on iOS and Android but not in my Windows 10 mobile Outlook, where it says it cannot be applied to any of my accounts (which is Outlook.com)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This is already the setting for Outlook on the web. I get Focused inbox on the web, on iOS and Android but not in my Windows 10 mobile Outlook, where it says it cannot be applied to any of my accounts (which is Outlook.com)

Other than a hard reset you hsve two options:

1) the date trick - which I'm not sure still works at all). This is done by changing the year to 2106 or later and which should allow you to remove the faulty OEM app.

2) The other method is more involved - see here:

forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/app-stuck-removing-windows-10-mobile-t3300158

EFats

May 6, 2018
Visit site
Other than a hard reset you hsve two options:

1) the date trick - which I'm not sure still works at all). This is done by changing the year to 2106 or later and which should allow you to remove the faulty OEM app.

2) The other method is more involved - see here:

forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10-mobile/app-stuck-removing-windows-10-mobile-t3300158

I am not sure how that helps my situation here. Outlook performs flawlessly other than the fact that it thinks the Focused Inbox can't be applied to my account.
I don't want to remove Outlook, although I'm sure I can.

I have already tried deleting all my accounts and re-adding just Outlook.com one and it still doesn't work.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure how that helps my situation here. Outlook performs flawlessly other than the fact that it thinks the Focused Inbox can't be applied to my account.
I don't want to remove Outlook, although I'm sure I can.

I have already tried deleting all my accounts and re-adding just Outlook.com one and it still doesn't work.

The issue with WM10 although we are still getting updates these updates tend to break things for instance one update broke double tap wake, another broke double tap to lock which later started working again. Same with the camera and so on, it's been the norm for awhile with Windows phone 8.x and Windows Mobile 10 especially the latter that a hard reset often fixes things that were previously broken by an update.

But given that many apps have left the store and some can't be re-downloaded via My Library, the safer option is to remove outlook and re-install it again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs