[?] How to install Windows 10 Tech Preview ??

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I understand that we have to use a registry editor to change the device name etc but can someone provide more details how to do so? I have an unused Ativ S. Which reg app, which reg entry etc.. Thank you!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Um, make you're you're aware of the likelihood of permanently bricking the device, especially without an escape rope like the Lumia or Windows Phone Software Recovery Tool.

My recommendation is selling the ATIV and getting a supported model. Although it may be supported in the future. (there's a reason the Preview is not available for certain devices.)

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I also advise against installing this build. It's not so stable, the screen flickers, and you have no WiFi (couldn't enable it, tried reinstalling the build twice). Also, after a hard reset, sometimes it does not install apps like phone. Basically making it useless.

If you still want to proceed, you can find the instructions in the sticky thread about updating to 8.1.2.

Just make sure you have the flash software and a backup ROM on standby on your PC/laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077