How to make deletion permission permanent

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Of three TEMP folders that I routinely clean out, only the Windows one asks for permission. Can I set that so it does NOT query me ?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Of three TEMP folders that I routinely clean out, only the Windows one asks for permission. Can I set that so it does NOT query me ?

Are you using an administrator account and have the right permissions? Did you edit the permissions of that Temp folder so that your user account has permission to delete it?

Sebastian42

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
"Are you using an administrator account and have the right permissions?"
My user account is an Adminstrators account - there are no others on this PC.

"Did you edit the permissions of that Temp folder so that your user account has permission to delete it?"
I did NOT because there is so much room for confusion when editing permissions.
In any case - it is the Windows folder that I am queried about - even before I get to the TEMP.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
"Are you using an administrator account and have the right permissions?"
My user account is an Adminstrators account - there are no others on this PC.

"Did you edit the permissions of that Temp folder so that your user account has permission to delete it?"
I did NOT because there is so much room for confusion when editing permissions.
In any case - it is the Windows folder that I am queried about - even before I get to the TEMP.

You would need to edit the permissions of the Windows folder itself that contains this TEMP folder. That isn't really recommended. There may be software you can install instead that cleans the Windows TEMP folder for you as part of its cleanup duties. In fact, just run Disk Cleanup from Windows 10 and that will delete the TEMP folder. Once you run Disk Cleanup, click the 'Clean up system files' button and follow the prompts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes