How to stop automatic updates on Windows Phone 10?

God 1

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I cannot stop or prevent updates and it wouldn't be a problem if they happened rarely.. But they happen every week! And what's more they last FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR!!! I'm a busy person and my phone MUST be ACTIVE NON STOP!!! I NEED to answer when someone's calling!

I'm searching all around the internet to find a way to stop them but everyone says that can't be done on windows 10 phones. If that is the case then I really have no words to explain how EVIL Microsoft is.... Updates NEVER made ANYTHING work better. NEVER. Not on the PC, not on the phone. The only updates that actually make a change in any way are ALWAYS those that you CAN choose to install or not. Whenever something is forced it is usually junk, just like viruses!

The only reason I bought this Lumia 640XL is because of the big screen and a good camera, and I definitely DID NOT buy it to watch spinning cogs all the time!

What's even funnier is that after the spinning is done there's even more waiting and there's a line that says:
"We're getting there...
...and it will be worth the wait"

Are you people serious??? IT'S NEVER WORTH TO LOSE YOUR JOB JUST BECAUSE YOUR PHONE ISN'T REALLY YOURS NO MATTER THAT YOU BOUGHT IT.

I apologise to whoever's reading this for my tone. I'm just incredibly angry right now and, apparently, the only thing I can do is scream in my damn pillow.

I'm sure that nothing is your fault. It's just that the world is filled with injustice enough and this was really unnecessary. Phone updates for WORKING PEOPLE are unnecessary. Everything that works now also worked before updates and everything that did not work then IT STILL DOES NOT WORK.

I mean.. 2gb for facebook app???

Seriously, I know that Facebook sucks... but this is just ridiculous...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
This sounds a pain for sure :( I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, you can't really stop the updates unless you disconnect from WiFi so that it can't download.

I would suggest going to settings->update and set your active hours to end when you normally sleep so that it can update in your sleep and not bother you when you are expecting calls.

As for Facebook, they decided to make that change themselves. I would suggest using it in the browser instead.

LumPhile

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
There's something wrong with your specific device. I've had a 640 for sometime now and I've never experienced what you've described. OS is updated once a month, at my choosing, and app updates happen also only at my choosing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte