How to sync with Android phone?

Matt Manahan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the Windows 10 Anniversary update, and I just signed up for Insider Preview. I have an Android phone, and I downloaded the Cortana App. I'd like to send/receive texts from/to my PC (Surface Pro 4), but I'm not receiving any texts on my PC. On my phone, I have the setting checked so that it syncs incoming message notifications. On my PC, I have the settings enabled so that it notifications are synced between my devices. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You'll get text notifications and can reply in those notifications on the PC, but I don't think you can see past messages and stuff otherwise.

zavandiver

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
A third party app like Pushbullet or Airdroid can sync all notifications from your phone to the PC. Pushbullet has a paid version, but the free version works fine. You can read and reply to SMS.

dgerov21

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
You just need to go to settings and activate the sync feature. You can reply, and can see messages that are only after the sync feature is activated.

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
You also need to make sure that the one you signed into Cortana with on your phone is the same one you use for the main account on the PC g, and that it is signed in to Cortana and accepted all the settings on the PC side. I have 3 accounts that link to Microsoft services and needed to log off the one I had entered on the computer and set it to the one I use on my Xbox (and phone) to get things to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05