How to tell if you have latest update?

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I just bought my 925 Friday, and I assume it's got the most recent update, but I don't see GR2, or Amber in my OS version. What I do see is a number ending in 328.78 Does that tell me anything?

Also, while you're reading, does anybody know a way to put the cursor in the middle of a word, to change or delete just one letter? I'm talking in a text message, or in a text box. It seems like if I try and drop the cursor into the middle of the word in this instance, it starts the copy/paste function. I don't always want to delete the entire word and start over just to edit one letter in the middle.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
About your phone, huge yellow letters says amber. And press/hold your finger pops up a cursor and drag it where you want.

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I figured it had to be something simple. Coming from a Palm Pre and Android tablet, this is a work in progress. One of the things I loved about WebOS was the ability to just start typing and find anything on my phone, be it an app, contact, bookmark, etc. Seems like in WP8 I have to get into the app, then hit the search button, then start typing. Kind of a hassle, but I guess there's always a trade off.

I don't see any huge yellow letters that say amber - on which screen would I look for that?

DallasXanadu

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Oops, looks like you clarified while I was typing my response. Amber is indeed present, though being brand new, not sure what I was missing before. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4