How to tell which version of the Focus you have

Asilentecho1

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, everyone, I keep seeing the references to the v.1.3 and v.1.4 of the Focus and how it impacts certain updates. How can I check to see which version I have?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
first things first. WELCOME :D hehe

I used this(got it from XDA):

In Diagnosis (##634# in Dialer), enter *#32489#
press Back button on the screen 4 times (lower right)
until you see:
1. debug screen
2. version information
here, type 2 (version information)
after, select 2 (HW VERSION)
after, select 1 (READ HW VERSION)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If you take the back off and remove the battery between the sku and serial number lines to the right side of the sticker it will say either rev 1.3 or 1.4.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
If you take the back off and remove the battery between the sku and serial number lines to the right side of the sticker it will say either rev 1.3 or 1.4.
not all the phones tell you under the battery , mine dint ....

use the way i posted .. its faster... take 2 sec and u dont need to battery pull ( witch is not recommended in the first place by MS )

Asilentecho1

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to both of you! I actually tried both ways and discovered mine was Rev 1.3 (whew!?). With as many times as I've swapped the SIM out of this guy, I'm glad Microsoft is jus being careful in their warnings.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't seen a Microsoft recommendation, but FWIW, I have 2 extra batteries and regularly swap them out. Then again, I also use a 32gb card. I suppose I'll pay one day -maybe with Mango. ;)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I hadn't seen a Microsoft recommendation, but FWIW, I have 2 extra batteries and regularly swap them out. Then again, I also use a 32gb card. I suppose I'll pay one day -maybe with Mango. ;)
well they say to never battery pull , but ive done it .. and everyone else does it ....

i dont think it can kill the phone .. they probly say not to do battery pulls cause IF the phone freezes the power button always works :)

M4arc

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Dangit! I have v1.4!

But my wife's phone as 1.3 so at least I'll get to check it out for the next month or so until I can update my phone.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Sorry about M4arc! Dont even think of swapping phones with her unless she does it on her own w no help (whining) from you. My wife has an iphone so I dont have to worry about that!

Rocko13

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys! I'm just waitin for my Focus to be delivered. Dint have any idea tat its got two versions until I was goin through the posts here on the Mango update.
Is there any specific improvements from v1.3 to v1.4??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb