How to trick Nokia Software Updater for Retail to use a ROM of a different region?

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to flash my L920 (Cambodian version) to the Italian country version, which already has Cyan. I've already downloaded the ROM using NaviFirm, but how can I trick the update tool to take the Italian one?

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
While using offline mode, I got something like no correct software exists on the PC. (And I've already put all the files in the correct folder, plus NSU recognizes it in the download section)

First run the NSU as admin then open the data package manager, if you have patched it type your RM-XXX if will show you the FW that is there for the RM and the product code that you need. As you said it is already showing in the list select the product and download again. It should be pretty quick. after that is done go to product support tool for store option go offline and in the main screen click file and select product rm-XXX
It should show your phone there. at the bottom left click on programming and select recovery. DO NOT CONNECT YOUR PHONE INSTEAD SWITCH IT OFF
when you select recovery it will show you the product that is already downloaded from the initial steps. select that and click start.
It will show verification of data integrity.
When it finishes it will show a screen which says application has lost connection with device it will ask you to retry or cancel.
At this step connect the switched off device, it should boot the device. Click retry and leave the device alone.( I mean it. Dont even look at it the the wrong way, it might just brick on you ;) :D) after it finishes mucking around with the install it will restart. after it finishes everything you can close SW on comp and disconnect your Brand new phone.

Hope this helps/ It worked for me. I couldnt find the link so typed out everything from memory.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
First run the NSU as admin then open the data package manager, if you have patched it type your RM-XXX if will show you the FW that is there for the RM and the product code that you need. As you said it is already showing in the list select the product and download again. It should be pretty quick. after that is done go to product support tool for store option go offline and in the main screen click file and select product rm-XXX
It should show your phone there. at the bottom left click on programming and select recovery. DO NOT CONNECT YOUR PHONE INSTEAD SWITCH IT OFF
when you select recovery it will show you the product that is already downloaded from the initial steps. select that and click start.
It will show verification of data integrity.
When it finishes it will show a screen which says application has lost connection with device it will ask you to retry or cancel.
At this step connect the switched off device, it should boot the device. Click retry and leave the device alone.( I mean it. Dont even look at it the the wrong way, it might just brick on you ;) :D) after it finishes mucking around with the install it will restart. after it finishes everything you can close SW on comp and disconnect your Brand new phone.

Hope this helps/ It worked for me. I couldnt find the link so typed out everything from memory.

hate to go a bit off topic but an idea how i can downgrade my 720 from 8.1 update 1 to 8.0
nokia software recovery says device not supported or something after 1% and reboots
plzz help me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12