How to troubleshoot the error message from one drive stating "cannot write files to the directory"

rvsw

Apr 30, 2019
Visit site
How to troubleshoot the error message from one drive stating "cannot write files to the directory"

I have office 365 subscription which I'm using on a windows 10 computer. I'm sharing my directory using one drive with another Windows 7 computer. I have a Python program that downloads, data from the web and writes the data to a file on the directory within the one drive folder.

It writes approximately 100 small files that are about 40 kB. I sometimes get an error message stating that it cannot write files to the directory.

There is a lot of disk space available (more than 500 GB). So that cannot be the problem. It looks like it is a one drive issue because when I make the Python programmer write the data to a separate directory which is not within one drive folder, then there is no such error.

How do I troubleshoot this? Or is there any kind of setting that I'd need to change?

I had earlier used dropbox and I never faced this issue.

Can anyone please advise?

Thank you for any inputs.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to troubleshoot the error message from one drive stating "cannot write files to the director

Are you sure it's not the internet connection? What are the folder permissions being written to in OneDrive? Did you try signing out of OneDrive and logging back in again to see if that helps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs