HP Envy Move review: The most adorable all-in-one desktop I've ever used — this SHOULD be your next family PC

agmsr

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
HP offers a unique solution for families needing a shared computer with the Envy Move, which solves problems that most laptops can't, and it's a triumph.

HP Envy Move review: The most adorable all-in-one desktop I've ever used — this SHOULD be your next family PC : Read more

I've had mine for a week or so, and I love it so far. Wanted a hi-res screen in a 24" AIO PC, and this is the only one I found -- except maybe Lenovo, but the HP has unique features like the built-in handle and auto-retractable feet. Plus it's much better looking, IMO. I got 16gb RAM and 1tb SSD, with WiFi 6e, as the unit was on sale for Black Friday. I agree the keyboard with built-in trackpad is not great quality and is also not great for productivity, even though it looks cool and tucks nicely into the pocket on the back of the PC. HP really needs to at least improve the key quality. I pretty quickly bought a compact white Cherry keyboard (wired) and white wireless Logi mouse. Both work well and look good with the PC. I also bought a 4-slot dongle for the USB-A port for the wired keyboard and wireless mouse. I use the USB-C for a phone charger. All in all, I'd give this AIO PC 5 stars, but the keyboard/trackpad gets 3.5 stars.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
"..there was a time when many houses had a 'family computer room.' It wasn't exactly made to represent a home office but as an entire room built around a shared PC that often came with sibling arguments on who had the next turn."

Yeah, there was also a time when you had one phone in the house, hanging on the wall in the kitchen.

Those days are long gone. Everyone has their own phone now (and probably an iPad). No one is sharing phones or Windows PCs these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Ben Wilson

Staff member
Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
"..there was a time when many houses had a 'family computer room.' It wasn't exactly made to represent a home office but as an entire room built around a shared PC that often came with sibling arguments on who had the next turn."

Yeah, there was also a time when you had one phone in the house, hanging on the wall in the kitchen.

Those days are long gone. Everyone has their own phone now (and probably an iPad). No one is sharing phones or Windows PCs these days.

That's weird because I know quite a few people who do and already recommended the Envy Move to them! 'No one' is usually 'no one that I know.' Some people don't want to buy a tablet for their kids, at least not for their first device. Sharing a laptop has proven impractical for them, though, because it often gets treated poorly (blankets over the vents, battery almost always dead from leaving it idle,) and a full-size PC is more appealing.

I spent a good portion of my holiday break explaining the benefits of this thing, and it's appealing to those with needs that might not match yours. They certainly don't fit mine, but HP's advertising clarified that.

Ben Wilson

Staff member
Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
I've had mine for a week or so, and I love it so far. Wanted a hi-res screen in a 24" AIO PC, and this is the only one I found -- except maybe Lenovo, but the HP has unique features like the built-in handle and auto-retractable feet. Plus it's much better looking, IMO. I got 16gb RAM and 1tb SSD, with WiFi 6e, as the unit was on sale for Black Friday. I agree the keyboard with built-in trackpad is not great quality and is also not great for productivity, even though it looks cool and tucks nicely into the pocket on the back of the PC. HP really needs to at least improve the key quality. I pretty quickly bought a compact white Cherry keyboard (wired) and white wireless Logi mouse. Both work well and look good with the PC. I also bought a 4-slot dongle for the USB-A port for the wired keyboard and wireless mouse. I use the USB-C for a phone charger. All in all, I'd give this AIO PC 5 stars, but the keyboard/trackpad gets 3.5 stars.

There are some tempting alternatives to the included lapboard that you could pick up on sale, but it's another purchase that someone might not feel like making. But yeah, the shame of it is how well the included keyboard matches the theme of the Envy Move, and replacing that with some generic all-black Logitech alternative would look a little odd. A white Cherry mechanical sounds pretty great, though, can't argue with that one.

Here's hoping HP refine the keyboard, because that's the only real complaint I had, though it didn't detract too much from the overall thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria