HTC 8X Died On Its Own..

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
welp after over a month of my flawless 8X, mine **** the bed also, just dead as a doornail today, new one coming tomorrow from Verizon :/

Ray Rogers

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine back today from service. The girl at the Bell store said that they changed the main board and the sim bed. Here's hoping.

pjotr11

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
update: got my phone back, they did a boardswap and a software upgrade. I drained the battery a couple of times and now everything just seems to be alright. however I dont trust the phone anymore and have a pre paid around just in case. it seems to be a hard ware issue cause they swapt the hole thing.

Darren Bennett

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have had three HTC 8x die on me in one week....The third went tonight after having it less then 24 hours. TMobile is being good about returning it but I am getting tired of reinstalling and configuring everything. I was very surprised to see the number of people having this issue. My first HTC 8x lasted 4 months, second lasted 4 days, third was less then 24 hours.

Werner Baron

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Exact same problem. Now my 2nd phone has died. First time was when it was in my pocket... one second it was working, the next it was dead and every attempt to bring it to life was to no avail. The 2nd phone just now died while charging overnight. This is an amazing phone while it is working, but now having 2 completely die on me has made me lose confidence in it and am looking to switch to a new model.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Exact same problem. Now my 2nd phone has died. First time was when it was in my pocket... one second it was working, the next it was dead and every attempt to bring it to life was to no avail. The 2nd phone just now died while charging overnight. This is an amazing phone while it is working, but now having 2 completely die on me has made me lose confidence in it and am looking to switch to a new model.
I still think that some SOCs from Qualcomm were not of the finest quality...

L Manning

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. My phone was less than 2 weeks old. Went to dinner and it died and there was no reason for it to be dead because it was fully charged 30 minutes before. Called ITMobile and they offered no reset solution. Just told me to send it back. The next day I was pushing buttons messing around with it but it lit up? I plugged it in to charge and now it's working again so I have no idea?

bugmenot10

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Strange issue with HTC 8x

Hi, slightly off topic but hoping someone can help with a really strange fault on my new HTC 8X LTE phone.

Basically there appears to be a dead-strip on the touch screen of the phone. It is about a third of the way down from the top of the screen.

It took me while to work it out. I first noticed that the divide sign on the calculator did not work, then noticed that the entire line of symbols next to the divide sign did not work. Next, I could not work out why the camera would not launch when I touched the icon, but the applications above and below the camera worked fine.

Then I would get intermittant issues with the browser (like inputting a password did not work) and sometimes games would not work properly.

Finally I put it all together, did some experimenting and there is a strip about 1cm wide, 3cm from the top where the touch screen does not respond.

Anyone have this and what is the solution? Thank you

Last edited:

Kalyan Chakravarty

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Strange issue with HTC 8x

Same problem here, I bought this phone because of an offer that was ongoing. I got it back to India and within a day it had died. Did not drop it on floor or anything like that. It was working fine in the night, and in the morning just like that it was completely dead. I was surprised to see so many people having the same complaints. I am also curious as to how it could have died - most likely the SOC from Qualcomm is faulty.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen once. Put it to sleep with the power button and it never woke up. I called Verizon and they sent me a new one. Never had a problem from then.

I call this "the sleep of death"... I have seen this issue on other phones...

thabiso hlatshwayo

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Exactly what happened to your phone is what happened to mine. I was just working and I felt it overheating in my pocket then it just died and never turned on since then. I tried all the battery pull methods and it didn't work.
The bad thing is I bought the phone from a third party therefore I can't get a replacement.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what happened to your phone is what happened to mine. I was just working and I felt it overheating in my pocket then it just died and never turned on since then. I tried all the battery pull methods and it didn't work.
The bad thing is I bought the phone from a third party therefore I can't get a replacement.

Just so you know, you've bumped a three year old thread!

And the whole thing is unfortunate, on the plus side though, there's no shortage of good used or low-end options now that weren't quite around at the time of the 8X's debut.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty