HTC Support

LostRiot

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Are they ever going to compete with Nokia and the support they give to the WP platform? I find myself jealous of all the news that Nokia puts out about the improvements and new features that are making my HTC seem outdated only after 6 months. Any ideas or am I switching when my upgrade comes around again?

Last edited by a moderator:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The "perks" of owning a Lumia is the reason why I switched from my HTC Titan to a Lumia 900 (and now 920). I don't foresee HTC doing much to support their WP devices unless sales dramatically pick up.

Of course, sales won't pick up until HTC does a better job at supporting their devices. A total chicken and egg dilemma.

LostRiot

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
HTC response:
I can certainly understand where you are coming from. We really appreciate that you shared this information with us; I want to assure you that your thoughts and inputs are imperative for us to grow as a community. However, keep in mind that the decisions to include these features in the operating system are also up to Microsoft discretion.

LostRiot

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Additional response:
....all the software development, updates and fixes is solely done by Microsoft. As the hardware manufacturers, we may be able to help you with physical problems with the HTC 8X, and guide you on some software issues. But all updates are developed by Windows.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Additional response:
....all the software development, updates and fixes is solely done by Microsoft. As the hardware manufacturers, we may be able to help you with physical problems with the HTC 8X, and guide you on some software issues. But all updates are developed by Windows.

Sounds like corporate BS to me. HTC not working to get 7.8 available on the older devices is a HTC problem, not Microsoft's. Not releasing firmware updates to fix random resets is a HTC problem.

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately this is typical HTC. I had a Desire HD prior to my Lumia 820 and the software support was awful from HTC. Am glad to be away from them tbh...

unkleknuklefunk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I also switched from a HTC titan to a 920 just so i can have a phone that is updated i love HTC but I wont own another one till they get there **** Together . I get Nokia updates all the time but I only received one update for my titan in the almost two yrs I owned it

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As an 8X owner, I've also been affected by update-envy when looking at all of the candy that Nokia have been throwing out to their users.

But then I sat back and asked myself, do I really need these new features enough to go out and buy a Nokia?

No, not really. I can't think of any new feature that I'd make much use out of.

So, I'll stick with my 8X, which does what I need of it without fuss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon