HTC W8 to launch before the end of September

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
This is beautiful. No phone does a battery like the HTC M8 does one. If they can match this in a Windows phone, I may switch carriers from AT&T to Verizon to get it.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
My brother has the One M8 and the only thing I'm not a fan of is the Android. Great battery life. Gorgeous phone. Light. The camera is actually quite good. MicroSD support. As much as I love my Nokias, I can't say that I use many of the exclusive apps much.

This shows what WP 8.1 did, opening up the door to bring over good Android devices. I wonder if we may get a Galaxy for Windows from Samsung? With no license fee, it's actually cheaper for the OEMs to go WP now due to the patent fees and access payments to Google services. Will they push it?

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
This is beautiful. No phone does a battery like the HTC M8 does one. If they can match this in a Windows phone, I may switch carriers from AT&T to Verizon to get it.

Android devices are consuming more battery power than Windows Phones. So if W8 get the same 2600 mAh LiPo battery like M8 has it will last longer on WP... which is awesome! HTC W8 will be a bullseye hit!

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Are they still exclusive? I assumed that now Microsoft owns Nokia they are available to all. Can anyone confirm this?

I think a couple of them are. The Camera app is, though MS has adapted a lot of that into the base camera app for WP8.1. I'm not sure if the Transit app is available for everyone. I know Drive+ is available for everyone - and that's the one that matters to me. Not sure if Beamer is either - a cool app, but one I've only ever used for show.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think a couple of them are. The Camera app is, though MS has adapted a lot of that into the base camera app for WP8.1. I'm not sure if the Transit app is available for everyone. I know Drive+ is available for everyone - and that's the one that matters to me. Not sure if Beamer is either - a cool app, but one I've only ever used for show.

Thanks. Actually, Drive+ is the only one that matters to me too, and if that is available then that is good enough for me.

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Actually, Drive+ is the only one that matters to me too, and if that is available then that is good enough for me.

Here Drive+ is available and is really cool, I own a HTC 8X and might consider this one as I guess most of the Nokia exclusive apps will be available to other brands as MS owns the OS :)

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Here Drive+ is available and is really cool, I own a HTC 8X and might consider this one as I guess most of the Nokia exclusive apps will be available to other brands as MS owns the OS :)

I don't think you'll see the Nokia apps on other phones, with the exception of Here Drive. Microsoft still needs to sell phones... I doubt they will release any more "exclusive" non-Nokia apps though

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm a big Nokia fan, I've converted 2 mates from lagdroid after playing with me L630.
But htc make cool models as well, can only be good for WP

Murani Lewis

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Looking forward to picking it up day 1 if it is coming with update 1 which should be the case so the smart cover can be sold.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

ajl

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I really can't wait to try it out for myself. Would love to try WP. The opportunity has now presented itself, in a sleek form factor with some great speakers.. :p

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Do you think the HTC W8 will come with 60fps or higher for video shooting?
if so i would love to replace my 920 with this one.
also 4K resolution would be great.
what do you think about this?

M E3

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't think we'll see 4k resolution. I'm most likely going to buy this when it's launched. I know there's rumors of 1520 variant coming to Verizon but I don't know how long I want to wait. I really am impressed with the front facing speakers on the one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers