I bricked my 1520 trying to install Cyan

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to upgrade to Cyan and read because I am using 8.1 Developers Preview that I had to restore to 8.0 by using Nokia Software Recovery Tool. The phone was backed up and fully charged. When I tried to use the Recovery Tool it stopped at 5% and then failed. The software said to do a hard reset, it started again and then stopped at 5%. Went through this cycle about 6 times then, unable to think of any options, I disconnected the phone and it quit. It would not start with a hard reset or by plugging in the phone.

I went to the AT&T store and they told me the phone was out of warranty and my contract had expired. Thinking this was an opportunity to change phones I spent some time playing with some of the other phones including the iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Amazon Fire Phone and LG G Flex. The 1520 continued to be my clear favorite so I decided to spend the $199 insurance deductible to replace the 1520. The trip wasn't a total loss because I was able to update my plan giving unlimited talk and texting and more data for $10 less than what I had been paying without even renewing my contract.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. Although, with the phone being less than a year old, you probably could of got a warranty replacement through Nokia.

S_C_B

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with the recovery tool, also. I was able to get through it. I tried about 5 times before it finally worked. I basically had to download the firmware again. I think the original download was jank.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte