I cant connect to my router admin page but I'm connected to the internet via the same routers wifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OluW

Dec 19, 2020
Visit site
I have a windows 10 pro Dell workstation.

I have a wifi connection to my router and I can access the internet but I want to change some of the settings on my router. I tried connecting to its admin page using firefox, windows added https to the front of the router webpage and gave an unable to connect error message: Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.1.
This ip address is the correct one for my router because I confirmed it via a direct lan connection with no wi fi connected and ipconfig command.

I tried to login with two different browsers (chrome and opera) and could not connect to it with similar results to firefox.

I have reset the tcp/ip settings and I have reset the entire windows 10 network settings without success. I have tried to troubleshooting the network and my network adapters using windows 10 inbuilt troubleshooting, but windows can't find anything wrong with them. i have also tried connecting with windows firewall off in all the domains and with my antivirus completely uninstalled without success.

I don't know what caused this or when it happened because its been a long time since I needed to connect to my router to change its settings.

Can anyone help, I don't know what to do next?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a windows 10 pro Dell workstation.

I have a wifi connection to my router and I can access the internet but I want to change some of the settings on my router. I tried connecting to its admin page using firefox, windows added https to the front of the router webpage and gave an unable to connect error message: Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.1.
This ip address is the correct one for my router because I confirmed it via a direct lan connection with no wi fi connected and ipconfig command.

I tried to login with two different browsers (chrome and opera) and could not connect to it with similar results to firefox.

I have reset the tcp/ip settings and I have reset the entire windows 10 network settings without success. I have tried to troubleshooting the network and my network adapters using windows 10 inbuilt troubleshooting, but windows can't find anything wrong with them. i have also tried connecting with windows firewall off in all the domains and with my antivirus completely uninstalled without success.

I don't know what caused this or when it happened because its been a long time since I needed to connect to my router to change its settings.

Can anyone help, I don't know what to do next?

Usually on the bottom of the router is the URL you can use to access the access the settings on the router.

For clarification, you are looking for Default Gateway.

Also just type the ip of the gateway (router) into the address bar without http or https as that would initiate a web search :winktongue:.

Another factoid, the general rule of thumb is to access the router using an Ethernet connection (Wired) not via WiFi to prevent issues from dropped packets and especially how finicky Windows 10 can be when connecting via WiFi.

There are often instances where the O/S would report there is "no internet connection" but it is connecting.... occurs less on ethernet connections but it still does.

The only solution to this odd quirk is to assign IP addresses to the MAC addresses to devices on the router itself (this also helps with QOS, Bandwidth allocation etc).

Gayle Lynn

Jan 6, 2018
Visit site
Netgear Nighthawk wants you to use their mobile app to setup and update firmware.

Go back to your lan connection. I have to turn off AdGuard Pro to make changes to router.

Also, you haven't updated router firmware it sounds like in years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs