I can't delete the windowsapps folder.

Uncle Oms

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
I already done the instructions in the "How to delete the 'WindowsApps' folder on Windows 10" but i still cant delete the folder. When i try to delete it it says "You require permission from *****/PC (which is me) to make changes to this folder. Please help me.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I already done the instructions in the "How to delete the 'WindowsApps' folder on Windows 10" but i still cant delete the folder. When i try to delete it it says "You require permission from *****/PC (which is me) to make changes to this folder. Please help me.

1) Does the User account have admin rights?
2) Have you followed the instructions here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-delete-windowsapps-folder-windows-10 step by step - including the steps to over ride permissions?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I can't delete it even having admin rights after several new updates.

Usually it's best to start your own thread however as it's related to the OP's thread / question and this discussion may help the OP as well others who may have the same problem. Therefore it would be best to consolidate the discussion in one place than multiple threads as long as it is on topic.

So I have to ask, have you tried following the steps in the guide linked above?

It should work as I have to do this everytime I reinstall the o/s lol as I have seperate partitions for applications, games, virtual machines etc.

Two things I can think off it is either a bug or added limitation to Windows 10 Home although I doubt it's the later.

Secondly, do you have windows 10 home or pro?

If you're not sure, either type in the search box (magnifying glass) winver or you can use Windows Key+R for the Run dialog box and type in winver then enter or windows key + x -> Run -> Winver.

This will tell you which O/S version you are using as well (OS Build version) Version 20H2 is the latest feature update.

For example:

Winver Check 31.12.20.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895