I can't restore my back-up to my lumia 930

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Last night my phone went through an automatic software update, after which I had to enter all requested info as it was a new phone I started to use. Everything went well until I have selected the correct back-up file to restore (after having entered my nokia account login). The restore starts and at 20% the security procedure starts. I request the security code via phone, I enter the code and then I receive the following error message: "Cannot connect to the service, or you have a connection issue or the problem is at the other side, try again later. I'm given 2 options. First one is not to restore the backup file which I don't want. Second option is to try again. I select that one but I always come back to the same error message !?
What should i do to restore back-up properly ? Thx

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, it sounds as though there are network problems.
Are you able to try connecting via another WiFi point? Or reboot your router if this is in your house.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

lsmeyers

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reaction! My wifi connection works fine as all my other devices connect without any problem, even my lumia 930 when I skip the restore session. What else could be the reason ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb