I feel that this is what the lumia 950 XL should have been

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
It's a combination of different things. First of all the PEN is a big plus. The fact that Samsung is smart enough to create protected folders which only your iris scan can open. Obviously the design is one of their best yet in my opinion. There are a lot of things here which MS as a business oriented company should have done. Writing with the pen while the screen is off to make notes? That's brilliant. So many great features.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
wow those are great features and looks like a great phone... I agree that MS should have made the L950XL like this especially when the phone first came out at the price tag of $699... but I'm sure this GN7 will be in the ball park figure of $800+ US and will be more for business market...

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yah. I mean up until now I have been happy with the 950XL. But I bought it for over $1K in canada with the 2 year protection plan. And the price obviously plummeted. Price I paid for being an early adopter. But man I regret it after seeing this phone. This is the only phone that would send me to android.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
yeah I know I bought mine in the states because I was lucky enough to exchange my money at par for U.S. funds, because there was NO WAY I was going to pay $1K cdn (with tax) for a phone! and then they were giving the L950 with a purchase of a 950XL and I was like... oh man!!! but when the HP X3 phone comes out soon, I will do the same thing.. because here in Canada the phone will be like $1.2K and again NO WAY will I pay that amount and even the $699 US is I find steep! but that phone is sexy and I can't wait to have front facing speakers again and just LOVE the overall look of the phone! now that's what the L950XL should have been! I think the engineers at MS have no imagination or style... sorry MS but that's a fact! I loved the HTC HD7 with the front facing speakers, they just sounded soooo much better!

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Yah. I mean up until now I have been happy with the 950XL. But I bought it for over $1K in canada with the 2 year protection plan. And the price obviously plummeted. Price I paid for being an early adopter. But man I regret it after seeing this phone. This is the only phone that would send me to android.

Yeah, I've drooled a little over the S7 features too, I admit it.
In particular, for me, if I got an AT&T unlocked one on eBay or similar, I could have WiFi calling/texting, which is a huge deal for me in the winter (I'm often at a location with good WiFi and no cell signal, all day).
The feature set overall is well done, like you mention, the security level features are abundant.

The downside is that you're locked into the whole bootloader mess (it's pretty bad on the S7, I think I've seen one ROM, which is probably dated already), and you more or less have to wait for carriers to decide to update things, as a result.
This alone might really frustrate me, after having been on Windows phones for so long.
It's a tough call, if the S7 ever gets cheap, resale-wise, I might have a "winter-weekend" phone and a 950XL...

-pete

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
yeah I know I bought mine in the states because I was lucky enough to exchange my money at par for U.S. funds, because there was NO WAY I was going to pay $1K cdn (with tax) for a phone! and then they were giving the L950 with a purchase of a 950XL and I was like... oh man!!! but when the HP X3 phone comes out soon, I will do the same thing.. because here in Canada the phone will be like $1.2K and again NO WAY will I pay that amount and even the $699 US is I find steep! but that phone is sexy and I can't wait to have front facing speakers again and just LOVE the overall look of the phone! now that's what the L950XL should have been! I think the engineers at MS have no imagination or style... sorry MS but that's a fact! I loved the HTC HD7 with the front facing speakers, they just sounded soooo much better!

The HP is unlikely to go down in price any time soon. It's enterprise focused so lowering prices to get more consumer sales is unlikely. So at least you can be sure you're not going to regret it too much if you buy it at launch versus a few months in.

I'm hoping that MS is able to get a real sense camera to do windows hello on their newer phone. Getting it that small may be a big feat though hehe.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've drooled a little over the S7 features too, I admit it.
In particular, for me, if I got an AT&T unlocked one on eBay or similar, I could have WiFi calling/texting, which is a huge deal for me in the winter (I'm often at a location with good WiFi and no cell signal, all day).
The feature set overall is well done, like you mention, the security level features are abundant.

The downside is that you're locked into the whole bootloader mess (it's pretty bad on the S7, I think I've seen one ROM, which is probably dated already), and you more or less have to wait for carriers to decide to update things, as a result.
This alone might really frustrate me, after having been on Windows phones for so long.
It's a tough call, if the S7 ever gets cheap, resale-wise, I might have a "winter-weekend" phone and a 950XL...

-pete

Yah I actually prefer the flat screen of the note 7 to the curved screen on the s6 edge. It also makes way more sense with a pen. I like how the curved phone looks but other than that it is sort of annoying especially when watching movies or anything full screen where it distorts slightly.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
The design of the note 7 seems the same as any other phone I've seen :eek:rly:. Seriously, there doesn't seem much design work going on there. I'm saying this from a 920/1020/1520 perspective. Those phones had a different design from all other phones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs