I got some swag from Nokia rep!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I went back to the ATT store that I bought my 1020 from, because the software was going wonky on me. While ATT rep was looking at it, in comes a Nokia rep just doing his rounds with the local ATT stores. So both the reps looked over my phone and determined I should get a replacement. ATT rep tells Nokia rep that I'm a big Nokia fan and that I've had 900, 920 and now 1020, which I told the ATT rep earlier. The Nokia rep goes to his car and comes back and hands me a couple of Nokia 1020 shirts and pens. I was like "cool, but what I really want is a camera grip." He stares at me, I stare at him, he stares at ATT rep, I laugh, he laughs, ATT rep laughs. Then we all stop laughing because they realize I was serious. Everyone clears their throats and goes back to talking business and complete the exchange process. I still LOL when I think about that awkward moment. Anyways, it was still a fun experience talking Nokia phones with both reps, because even the ATT rep had a 920 as her daily driver. And it was also a cool that I actually got to meet other Lumia enthusiasts in real life, not just in a forum.

Last edited:

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Cool swag! Too bad they didn't give you the camera grip, but free unexpected gifts can't be beat. You got a replacement phone and some promo items.

BTW, I enjoy reading your posts and enthusiasm on the forum.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Cool swag! Too bad they didn't give you the camera grip, but free unexpected gifts can't be beat. You got a replacement phone and some promo items.

BTW, I enjoy reading your posts and enthusiasm on the forum.

Thank you! I do love Nokia and enjoy talking about it with other enthusiast. Nowadays I just try to avoid back and forths with fandroids. They're no fun to talk to. 

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Oh man!!! These shirts were an XL! I just washed and dried them, and now they're smediums!!! I guess they're wifey's new shirts now.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was at a hackathon, and they used the word "swag" too referring to free Amazon stickers and whatnot.
(i know its use, but never saw it used like that)

i thought it was just them

grats on your wife's new shirts!
(or your new muscle shirts lol)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel