I have Lumia Denim... on my Lumia 521?!

ians18

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So this is interesting, but it seems I now have Denim on my 521, even though the Availability page on Microsoft's website still says that the latest version for the 521 is Cyan.

What I did was to prepare my phone using the XDA hack to update to Windows 10 phones. However, mid-process it said welcome to Lumia Denim!

I had done these steps:
4. Download and extract the WPInsidersHacks app (attached to this post) to your computer
5. Start the WPInsiderHacks app on pc, approve any firewall requests
6. Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC?s IP address and enter 8877 for the port
7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app
8. Tap on the link at the bottom to the fiddler root certificate
9. When prompted click open and then install to trust the cert and ok at the confirmation

from here: HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-… | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

then I realized that my phone did not have enough space, so I reset the phone using the reset button under Settings>> About, when I set it up it had Denim. Note it WAS on the Preview for Developers, but when I reset, I think it went away. So how do I have Denim.

asdfhs;.PNGwp_ss_20150216_0001.png

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's a bug, a well-documented bug which has been fooling people everywhere!

Although for the 520's the Denim upgrade might be nothing more than a name-change.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Are u on pfd and have have WP 8.1.1? If that's the case then ur basically on Denim and this shows when u uncheck from preview.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans