I have to admit, I hate Nokia, or: what should my next phone be?

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Over the years I've had three HTC phones, an LG Quantum, and now the 1020. I have thought that all of them were great. I recommend not judging a brand, but specific devices on their own merits. Research like crazy before purchase.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I am a previous owner of Lumia 800, it's been a nightmare experience for also getting a lemon. Good thing I got my money back which I spent on getting another WP a "NOKIA Lumia 720".

I am due for an upgrade this coming December and planning get a high end WP and it will be a Lumia.

Between gsquared and z33dev, I'm starting to feel that it may be a Verizon issue forcing changes to phone's hardware? The 920 looks like it's better built than the 928, but I can't say I've ever had my hands on . I like comfort in the hand, but I also like heavy and solid. Nothing has come close to my blackberry storm 2 in that respect. I think because the glass 'floated', the thing was indestructible.

All I know is that my experience with the 928 has me worried about Nokias. It was the most buggy phone I've ever used.

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have to say the WP8 experience is just outstanding, but until it reaches the point where there are more customization options, better apps, newer apps, easily competes with other OSs I think I will also move to a different OS. I am heavily looking into the Google Nexus 5 and it is just outstanding.

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
You should get yourself a Samsung ATIV S. Its highly underrated and a great device. Better than the 920 IMO (in specs, not features)

Its battery is 2300mAh which could last me the whole day and left with 20%. (Did I mention it can support a Mugen Power 4800mAh extended battery?)

It has a 720p display Super AMOLED screen which have better viewing angles than the Lumia 920. IMO I prefer the Super AMOLED over Nokia's ClearBlack AMOLED or IPS LCD display.

It has the same 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 CPU as all the high-end Lumias (Lumia 920, Lumia 925, Lumia 928)

Its incredibly slim at 8.7mm throughout the device.

It has a surprisingly great 8MP camera and an outstanding 1.2MP front-facing camera which its front-facing camera is MUCH better than the one on the Lumia 920.

It weighs a very-light 135g.

It features expandable storage via Micro SD up to 64GB (Total 80GB). A feature not found in high-end Windows Phones until the Lumia 1520 (Yeah, the Lumia 1520 and ATIV S are currently the only high-end devices with a micro SD slot)

Its a highly underrated and under-appreciated Windows Phone 8 device. Its great and I've used the HTC 8X, Lumia 920 and the ATIV S and by far, I loved my ATIV S.

Because of its under-appreciated nature, the device is REALLY cheap. You could get one from Expansys USA for $259.99!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria