I hope it comes with Office Mobile pre-installed

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
A big part of why Chromebooks are so intriguing is because it comes with a respectable, free office suite. And it'll be a lot easier to convince schools to buy into W10S if they don't have to tack on an Office 365 description. I feel like that would be essential to making W10S a success in schools.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
A big part of why Chromebooks are so intriguing is because it comes with a respectable, free office suite. And it'll be a lot easier to convince schools to buy into W10S if they don't have to tack on an Office 365 description. I feel like that would be essential to making W10S a success in schools.

What about Office Online app from Windows Store ?
Is it comparable ?

I never have to use it as I have Microsoft Office 2007.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, Office Online does require a constant internet connection which could present a problem for certain schools but might have problems getting a reliable connection throughout the building.

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, Office Online does require a constant internet connection which could present a problem for certain schools but might have problems getting a reliable connection throughout the building.

Not pre-installed, but ..........

Source :
Microsoft adds a major reason to choose Windows 10 S over Chromebooks

Excerpt :
Microsoft has announced the full fat desktop version of Office (the Win32 software) is coming to the Windows Store.

Related: Surface Laptop vs MacBook Air

That means folks will be able to use it offline, unlike Chromebook users who’re restricted to Office Online.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb