I lost all my emails when I upgraded to Windows 10, how do I get them back?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

lost all my emails when i upgraded to window 10 how do i get them back

I up dated to window 10 and my email that I saved are gone. How can I recover them

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: lost all my emails when i upgraded to window 10 how do i get them back

What do you mean the emails that you saved? Were you using the default email application? Have you checked the browser version? Just trying to get some information so I can try and help, haha.

25dollarspport

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi You need go to the live mail folder location and do a restore to previous version or you can install shadowexplorer and export all email and then you can option you live email and import all your messages or you can also get professional help from 25dolarsupport.com

Denise Buch

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I thought so too, but they are NOT lost. Just go to the windows button lower left. When the tiles appear on the right, scroll down and find OUTLOOK. All the emails are there. The windows 10 email is NOT Outlook. It's just a very scaled back version, like the old Outlook Express. You don't have to use it. Just open your Outlook tile, or whatever email you were using before, and keep using that!

orlbuckeye

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
What type of email do you have POP3 or IMAP? If you have IMAP the emails are on the mail server and you need a client or browser to view them. If you have POP3 then the emails are downloaded to your email client. I never lost my emails when upgrading but i was using the same client.

Christian_G

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi there paul hogan1,

I purchased SysTools Outlook Recovery today and it is now installed on my Desktop (Windows 7), but not at all sure what I am doing wrong to not yet have been able to recover my deleted messages in Hotmail (now Outlook). I found everything going back to 2006 in the Deleted folder only a few days previously, but last night when I scrolled back in that folder, it only went back to June 2016. I really need some of those emails, any and all help greatly appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786