I made the switch and....

PabsTheGeek

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
... I'm liking it!

Hi...well there we go...I said it.

I've been around the forums for a few weeks now and thought I would share my opinion.

Firstly I'll state my experience of smartphones. I've had the following iPhone 3G, Samsung Galaxy S2, Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Sony Xperia Z, iPhone 5 and now my first ever Windows Phone...the Nokia 930!

iOS/Hardware, the things I loved: Secure, fast OS, premium feel
Android/Hardware, the things I loved: customisable can tweak several settings

iOS/Hardware, the things I hate: Not customisable, feels like its "an App launcher", terrible Signal and call quality
Android/Hardware, the things I hate:Malware, Malware, Malware...devices feel like plastic.

Windows Phone 8.1 has been a great revelation, it covers practically all the "things I love" and want from a mobile OS with no drwbacks. The Live Tiles are unique and personable. The OS is fast and sleek.

Nokia 930... Great screen and the call quality is out of this world, never have I had such a clear conversation with some one :)

I know its not much of an intro...but there you go..

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome aboard! Pass the word .......wp is not that bad ! Smooth , awesome cameras, and most here do appreciate what ms is doing with WP. WP is getting better day after day so if you run in to a snag don't worry get on this forum and ask some questions! Download the dev preview for os updates before carriers!!

AJE1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
You have picked up on two excellent qualities of the 930 - the screen and call quality - and I have greatly appreciated both.
Having just come back from holiday I will add to these two its camera, which has taken some great photographs in all light conditions.
I couldn't be much happier with my Lumia 930!!

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
My favorite things about WP are Cortana, Office Lens, One Note and Office integration. These things alone are worth the price of admission. IMHO

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I made a complete switch to Windows last week.

Started of with the S2 > Nexus 4 > Z1. Never have wanted an iPhone. So I decided to try Windows.

Brought a 520, what a bargain. And you know the Windows OS is new and efficient when you can play Asphalt 8 on the Lumia 520! Blew me away.

The next day I got the 930 and wow! I switched off my android phone for the last time. Android was great with the customisations and freedom, but I always felt I was a "tester" and there was always bugs. Also my Nexus 4 just got buggy as it aged, running the latest OS. And to think a low end 520 runs W8.1 so slick is unbelievable.

Good by Android. It's been eventful.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
It's almost criminal how I get calls from all these android and iphones and you can hardly hear what the person's saying. Then I call my dad with his lumia icon and the thing sounds like I've dialed a land line. People need to wake up and stop it with these so called phones.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
It's almost criminal how I get calls from all these android and iphones and you can hardly hear what the person's saying. Then I call my dad with his lumia icon and the thing sounds like I've dialed a land line. People need to wake up and stop it with these so called phones.

Some android phones, yeah, not all. I heard the Icon is very clear, probably better than my 920. :p

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920. Last time I went back home to visit, my dad and I were comparing audio recordings. Needless to say, my phone sounded muffled. His sounded like professional mics.
Really? Then, how would my 630 compare?

Aye, that mic technology Nokia D&S blew money on sure is worth it.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP Central forums, Always nice to have new members join in, ask questions and post in the thread's.
Good Luck :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss