I really really like this kind of commercials! + some kind of rant

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Here is an epic one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdpQir1sqiQ

Strangely enough, although WP7 era was over long ago (in smartphone years) ,I find myself to resonate strongly with this ad.

Every android phone I had in the past ,somehow was able to suck out the life of me ,
but using WP for the last 7 months, I find myself f*cking around singnificaly less with my phone..
(you know ,mindless in and out of apps, gaming, scrolling for no aparent reason, task manager and such)

Moreover ,from the time I unlock my phone until I do the task I want and back to lock ,
takes a fraction of the time I wanted with android.
(not to mention that more than often I could completely forget what I wanted to do and finding myself doing other things!)

The only ''problem'' with WP is the first 3-4 days ,were if you came from another smartphone OS ,you are really clueless.
But the days/months after this first days with WP ,you really start liking this unique and hustle free OS ,
and your muscle memory starts to cooperate with the device nicely! (thank you muscle memory)

I never had the earlier versions of WP (8, 7) and yes I was one of the people that was saying at the time that WP7 was a
dumbed down version of Windows Mobile..
(I remember that this kind of thinking was all over the place at the time.)

WP8.1 cyan is my first taste of this AWESOME OS and yeah, I LOVE every bit of it!
So all the winning people ,should give WP some love and finally appreciate the uniqueness and the nature of their phone!

My extremely functional (and without scrolling) start screen below: :D

2lf1t.jpg

-----------------------------WARNING: the text below may offend many ,please read cautious----------------------------------------------

We have approx. 1 year left with WP8.1 ,after that we have to roll with the masses and the heavily unoriginal W10 ,
as the TP showed us.

I installed W10 TP on the second day of it's release (gave a ton of feedback on Windows Insider) and boy I was unimpressed from the
''new'' design language of the universal apps.

Remember ,this IS the same company that created the above ad.
They ARE the people that wanted a unique and hustle free experience on our devices.
And MS is officially the first company that will turn 180 degrees from their mobile OS! Yeeeey
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway ,I have to stop winning right now..!
Ok, I'm good!

I don't have any specific point in this rant-ish post ,I just wanted to give you
my experience so far and some thoughts of the future of WP!
I'm glad to hear your thoughts and experience so far!

:)

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
People remain glued to their phones, now more than ever, and I take great pleasure in standing still just waiting for them to walk slap-bang into me, and drop their precious iPhone or Android.

As for the new design of WP,, it's only now that I'm beginning to realise just how efficient the Metro design with its pivots really is. I don't think MS needs to change the phone interface to match the desktop. They assume user are too stupid to be able to move effortless between the two. That is, IMHO, an untested belief.

I don't mind the occasional hamburger, but I don't want to binge on them.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That was a good commercial. Probably more appropriate to view today than back then as people are even more glued to their phone.

However, it doesn't show why a Windows phone is better, which is marketing 101. Implication is not in your face enough for lots of people.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well remember all the people that never liked metro in the first place (though I have always found it appealing, but I'm also welcoming of the new design tweaks). And also remember that the new design language isn't refined yet. Everyone is complaining about hamburger menus...what if...and bear with me everybody...they just put the hamburger menu on the bottom right where the ellipsis is. Perfect for one handed use, and more efficient than the ellipsis.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Well remember all the people that never liked metro in the first place (though I have always found it appealing, but I'm also welcoming of the new design tweaks). And also remember that the new design language isn't refined yet. Everyone is complaining about hamburger menus...what if...and bear with me everybody...they just put the hamburger menu on the bottom right where the ellipsis is. Perfect for one handed use, and more efficient than the ellipsis.

The ellipses work fine and are just efficient since you are touching the screen the same way.

The problem with many is the phones UI becoming more like Android and IOS and loosing it's uniqueness. If they strip out everything that people have grown to love about the platform..... Which they are doing.... Then the commercial looses it's relevance.

The phone isn't the desktop that people were forced to hate but the residual effects from that fiasco has hampered it's acceptance.

Cry me a river if you want but then build me bridge to get over it... Posted from my HTC M8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zinedioo