I Returned Mine

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I returned mine. Right now I am just not in any financial position to be paying off a device over time.

In the meantime I will enjoy my paid off 950 and just wait it out to see what happens in the new year regarding more makers releasing new devices .

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Real Users] My Alcatel Idol 4S Detailed Review

I returned mine. Right now I am just not in any financial position to be paying off a device over time.

In the meantime I will enjoy my paid off 950 and just wait it out to see what happens in the new year regarding more makers releasing new devices .

I feel the same way. Though I could afford to purchase this phone, I see no reason to since I have a 950 that is working great. I'll wait and see what comes available late next year.

Sent from mTalk

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

I could have done Jump had my last purchase been from TMO, but I bought unlocked instead.

I will just keep the 950 which I am very satisfied with anyway and just wait until the platform gets more hardware partners on board and more on TMO.

In the meantime I have the 950 and the 650 to keep me going well into next year if other OEM's are slow to bring devices and choices.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Yes. Four dollars and change. I had insurance on it.
I don't understand the insurance part. The T-Mobile site says there is a $50 return fee on phones. Does some type of insurance reduce that to $4.xx or was the $4.xx the non-refundable portion of some insurance that had nothing to do with the phone return fee?

The main reason I didn't buy one of these for my wife was that a $50 return fee was a pretty high percent loss if she didn't like it after using it.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

I had replacement device sent to me because of a lost sim tray. I was surprised I got a new unit for something such as that but the extra money I paid went toward my restocking fee

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I had replacement device sent to me because of a lost sim tray. I was surprised I got a new unit for something such as that but the extra money I paid went toward my restocking fee
Still trying to figure out if restocking really is $50. Are you saying restocking did cost you $50: $4.xx cash plus $45.xx that would have been refunded for the insurance you no longer needed for a returned phone? TIA

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

The restocking fee is not ever going to be waived if you call customer service. Store managers have the discretion to waive it though. That usually means creating a scene but that gets you nowhere if you have to come back to that store. If you live in a small town with only a couple of stores you're limiting any future goodwill.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Still trying to figure out if restocking really is $50. Are you saying restocking did cost you $50: $4.xx cash plus $45.xx that would have been refunded for the insurance you no longer needed for a returned phone? TIA

Because I took out added protection on the device and that was put towards my restocking fee. I paid for something I don't need now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99