I saved hundreds by not buying an Xbox Series X or PC to play Starfield, and I’m over the moon

theale

Oct 1, 2023
Visit site
Cool and all I’m doing the same!! But the only way to play at 60fps is using a pc, the experience you get through the cloud is the same as a Series X ;)

Nightseer

Oct 2, 2023
Visit site
This is bad for two reasons.

Maybe lesser of two, with all the extra lag, I would never do cloud gaming. Like you can feel the difference and it just makes game feel much less responsive than FPS indicates. Even if you are connected via cable. Hence why I wan with no exception run things locally. So 60FPS feels as responsive as 60FPS.

Second one, way bigger. You never trully experience Bethesda Creation Engine game without mods. Bethesda often makes great framework for mods, but they never go in depth with their games. From mods fixing bugs, to graphical overhauls that do better even without rising requirements, to systems overhaul with way bigger depth and way better UI. Sky is the limit. And not to mention console commands that you can use to fix either yourself, like if you get stuck, NPCs, if they get stuck inering state, quests if they get bugged,... plus not to mention making experience better for yourself. Like remember how default inventorying is tiny? There is command to remedy that and you don't need to go to infinite, you can go to more reasonable. Hence why I would never buy Creation Engine game ob any other platform than PC and only on Steam. Like even console is like, you shoot yourself in one foot because there is no script extender mod. Cloud gaming is basically you shooting yourself in both feet, now you even have to endure lag and there is chance you will get no mods. And Creation Engine game without mods is like riding bike without seat, possible sure, but comfortable it is not.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This is bad for two reasons.

Maybe lesser of two, with all the extra lag, I would never do cloud gaming. Like you can feel the difference and it just makes game feel much less responsive than FPS indicates. Even if you are connected via cable. Hence why I wan with no exception run things locally. So 60FPS feels as responsive as 60FPS.

Second one, way bigger. You never trully experience Bethesda Creation Engine game without mods. Bethesda often makes great framework for mods, but they never go in depth with their games. From mods fixing bugs, to graphical overhauls that do better even without rising requirements, to systems overhaul with way bigger depth and way better UI. Sky is the limit. And not to mention console commands that you can use to fix either yourself, like if you get stuck, NPCs, if they get stuck inering state, quests if they get bugged,... plus not to mention making experience better for yourself. Like remember how default inventorying is tiny? There is command to remedy that and you don't need to go to infinite, you can go to more reasonable. Hence why I would never buy Creation Engine game ob any other platform than PC and only on Steam. Like even console is like, you shoot yourself in one foot because there is no script extender mod. Cloud gaming is basically you shooting yourself in both feet, now you even have to endure lag and there is chance you will get no mods. And Creation Engine game without mods is like riding bike without seat, possible sure, but comfortable it is not.

Yeah, mods are a plus to some people, and yeah, console commands, etc.

But people without a gaming system can play Starfield. Or any other AAA game.

That trumps anything else. That's the difference from someone playing a game or not.

If you like mods and tweaking, you are gonna have to buy a PC and it's fair enough. But everyone else will be enabled to play great games.

Reactions: eAbyss

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
What about queues, Harry? You're leaving out a big detail in practice. A lot of regions have long queues now, and this is an unavoidable problem, scaling.

I wholeheartedly support cloud gaming, hell, I even support it with my wallet by being a PC user and paying for Ultimate. But them not being able to deliver a chance to play the game to paying customers is a failure.
I get queues on GFN free tier when I want to test it. Paying for GPU I shouldn't be subjected to waiting at all. It's on them, and yes, as Starfield or any other major release exposes, it IS a problem.

eAbyss

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
Performance has been just fine, even with the 1080p resolution blown up on my 48-inch TV. That’s partly down to my internet speeds: I play over Wi-Fi, and while that’s not recommended, I have a gigabit connection.
That has nothing to do with your Internet connection. Cloud Gaming is restricted to 1080p60 on consoles, PCs, etc and 720p on mobile devices. There are plans to up them to 1440p and 1080p respectively.

Last edited:

fjtorres5591

May 16, 2023
Visit site
Cool and all I’m doing the same!! But the only way to play at 60fps is using a pc, the experience you get through the cloud is the same as snd massive draw distancesa Series X ;)
If there ever was a game where frame rate doesn't matter it's Starfield. What matters to Bethesda vets is no pop-in and massive draw distances. And no 5fps sections like downtown Boston in Fallout 4.

I've run it on SX, SS, and cloud via OneX and the differences are minimal. Modern 4K TVs upscale 1080p nicely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital