I Stay Confused Regarding Models

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember when it was that the 1020 first came out but I bought one, got it unlocked and I didn't have it long enough to even enjoy the camera ... I broke it, sent it to be repaired and Nokia sent me a replacement .. LOCKED. By that time ATT had decided that they were NOT going to unlock any more I guess. I tried for weeks and finally gave up, sold it and went back to my iphone. I have been in morning ever since. Last night I gave in when I saw a great bundle on eBay. I never could be sure which factory unlocked model would would get 4G with T-Mobile but it doesn't matter .. I am done with them too. There are a couple of providers that work with ATT phones so I am going to go with one of them. I have T-mobile now and on principle alone I refuse to go with ATT .. no contract ever for me. ANY WAY ..

I thought that the 1020 was the last of the Lumia phones but I think I am wrong. There was a 1320? Was that a smaller one?? I don't care really because the 1020 is still new to me. Had the 920 before the 1020. Being the 1020 is old news to many of you I can't help but wonder if everyone is still loving it?? I guess 8.1 is new ... I haven't heard of any other company making a Windows phone. The Windows version of Siri looks promising ..My new phone will be here by Friday ... Hoping to hear that i won't be disappointed. I was really getting tired of my iphone, not interested in a new one.. Can't stand the Android o/s but their phones are nice! The only things i ever like about Android were being able to customize everything and the other was when you bought from the store you could get an immediate refund should the app be garbage. Got my Lumia in PRISTINE, unused condition with extras. at a great price. I am going to be happy? Or was there a company just waiting for me to make this purchase before announcing their NEW and IMPROVED Windows Phone ?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't remember when it was that the 1020 first came out but I bought one, got it unlocked and I didn't have it long enough to even enjoy the camera ... I broke it, sent it to be repaired and Nokia sent me a replacement .. LOCKED. By that time ATT had decided that they were NOT going to unlock any more I guess. I tried for weeks and finally gave up, sold it and went back to my iphone. I have been in morning ever since. Last night I gave in when I saw a great bundle on eBay. I never could be sure which factory unlocked model would would get 4G with T-Mobile but it doesn't matter .. I am done with them too. There are a couple of providers that work with ATT phones so I am going to go with one of them. I have T-mobile now and on principle alone I refuse to go with ATT .. no contract ever for me. ANY WAY ..

I thought that the 1020 was the last of the Lumia phones but I think I am wrong. There was a 1320? Was that a smaller one?? I don't care really because the 1020 is still new to me. Had the 920 before the 1020. Being the 1020 is old news to many of you I can't help but wonder if everyone is still loving it?? I guess 8.1 is new ... I haven't heard of any other company making a Windows phone. The Windows version of Siri looks promising ..My new phone will be here by Friday ... Hoping to hear that i won't be disappointed. I was really getting tired of my iphone, not interested in a new one.. Can't stand the Android o/s but their phones are nice! The only things i ever like about Android were being able to customize everything and the other was when you bought from the store you could get an immediate refund should the app be garbage. Got my Lumia in PRISTINE, unused condition with extras. at a great price. I am going to be happy? Or was there a company just waiting for me to make this purchase before announcing their NEW and IMPROVED Windows Phone ?

1320 and 1520 are big beefy 6 inch 'phablets'. Newest Lumia on release currently is the 930, soon to be followed by the 530 - so the 1020 definitely isn't the last Lumia. :smile:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't take this the wrong way but that post was a bit confusing.

I'll try to help you... if that's what you want.

The 1020 is the old flagship with the unique camera.
Then the 1520 and 1320 came out, they're the larger phones, 6". The 1520 is the better of the two and has a nice camera and SD card slot.
Windows Phone 8.1 is released and now we're getting new phones.
Current new phones are:
530 - extreme budget phone
630/5 - budget phone
L930 - current flagship

There are rumours of a 730, 830 (mid range phones) and a possible 1030 (replacing the 1020)

Also HTC has plans to release the M8 version of WP.

Your device will get the Windows Phone 8.1 update. There will probably be other phones coming put and more updates to Windows Phone.

Hope that helps.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. The 1020 will be perfect for me. I was mostly wanting it for the camera. Don't want larger or smaller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb