I think it's time for me to let go.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Amiga had the first GUI for a mainstream computer if I recall right. Made use of digitized sound more than any other computer at the time. Made graphical standards. In a way, it sort of reminds me of a mac, where they used specialized chips. It's sort of weird how we had all those computers at the start - Amstrad, vic20, bbc computer, and many others, then it all just came down to two kinds of computer OS, both running on the same hardware platform (or two hardware platforms if you count ARM). And you can't really pick any strong practical reasons why some over some others - the windows GUI existed before both mac and windows, more just happenstances of the marketplace.

Some market strategy sure, but also just some dumb luck as to what things got taken up. Perhaps we overestimate the intentionality and strategy of success. If you look at career success, you can break it down to about 50 percent talent/50 percent is probably just dumb luck. Perhaps markets and business work the same.

The Amiga was way ahead of its time. Yes, it had a GUI OS, it also had better graphics and far better sound hardware than PC and Macs at the time. It's kind of like W10M in a way. Way ahead of it's time with some great features, but poorly handled in terms of marketing and such, and ultimately doomed to failure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa