Icon Screen

TomAd9

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Just received my Icon, upgraded from 928. When the screen is set to auto brightness on my Icon it does not seem to be as white as on my 928, it almost has a purplish tint to it. Is this normal on the icon? Phone is cool though.

TomAd9

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
The screen is slightly different between the 928 and the Icon. That could be the issue.
So are you saying that my icon screen is normal? Actually when I turn brightness to medium it is not as present. (Even set to Automatic).
Thanks for the reply.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings > Display and 'Adjust' Lumia color profile. Set all to least value and you would see the colors 'that' white.

AlastorX50

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

AlastorX50

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
From returning two and looking at the MS store versions (they had 4 up), id say its on all. Which is weird that not even WPCentral is reporting it on theirs.
If I'm wrong that its isolated then that's alot of phones at my MS store that have this issue. I noticed that my build creation date is 1/14/2014 (found in extras+info) It must be isolated to phones manufactured on that date, but who knows.

TomAd9

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
It is the auto sensor and it is working properly. It happens when screen is set to low and automatic. When in dark rooms or area it has a purplish tint but once in lighted area it brightens. It is actually a nice feature, easier on the eyes at night.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
How did you guys find your creation date?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

From 'more info' in extras+info in Settings. However, I think that date is the for firmware build creation date, not the actual phone creation date, because mine went from January 2014 to April 2014 with the recent firmware and extras+info update.

MJ217

May 1, 2014
Visit site
From 'more info' in extras+info in Settings. However, I think that date is the for firmware build creation date, not the actual phone creation date, because mine went from January 2014 to April 2014 with the recent firmware and extras+info update.

I think I did update right before I checked the date. You probably right.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte