I'm REALLY glad I didn't let others talk me out of Final Fantasy XIII

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
In Chapter 11 now... and Gran Pulse has spiked the difficulty to insane levels.

What I discovered pretty quickly is that none of the people saying "Mash A to win every fight" could have actually made it past chapter 4 while doing that... and every chapter since then has had some INCREDIBLE character development... like... I'm gonna risk having every nostalgia drunk maniac after me by saying FFXIII has the most well-developed characters and the best plot execution in the entire series.

It's actually been so good that I started looking into why (it seems like) everyone hates it... there's a hateful uproar against FFXIII every time it's mentioned. I actually avoided it for a long while because of that... but looking into it, it seems they were just a vocal minority since it actually has awesome ratings pretty much everywhere.

How's the gamers of Windows Central feel about FFXIII? Anyone actually put more than a little time into it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A sizeable chunk of my music collection is from that trilogy.

Never played it, I "watched" it already like a movie and it was enjoyable for the most part. Call me a fan.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm installing the XIII-2 right now on my PC, never played the first XIII though. We'll see how this goes.

I've read that the second part is better in some things, but i can't actually compare it if i have not played the first one

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm installing the XIII-2 right now on my PC, never played the first XIII though. We'll see how this goes.

I've read that the second part is better in some things, but i can't actually compare it if i have not played the first one

I've heard XIII-2 improved on XIII's strict linearity and stuff, but I think you really should go start at the beginning.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually not all that bothered by the linearity. Sidequests are kinda crap a lot of the time.

Rather just have a well told story.

Oh and I have Crisis Core to thank for the extreme annoyance side quests cause me. I see a lot of side quests in Gran Pulse now and I don't see me doing a ton of then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa