Image manipulation reveals possible stereo speakers, built-in wireless charging.

bodha

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I took the liberty of applying a bit more light to the back of Lumia 1520.

It seems there is another "speaker grill" on the bottom of the device, possibly indicating stereo speakers?
It's hard to see the black dots against the black phone but they are clearly there.

Also, the five dots at the top are obviously too small to fit any wireless charging accessory, so
my guess is that the wireless charging will be built-in. (The industry kind of decided on the Qi
becoming the standard of wireless charging recently, after all.)

lumia1520.jpg

On the other hand, the five dots at the top could also be for a microphone for noise reduction,
filming or something similar.

What do you think?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You can't hear stereo when speakers are just millimeters apart, it's that what they are it's just marketing hype.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yes indeed some people are speculating that the 5 dots on the top are the speakers. I think I am with them, I too think they look too small for wireless charging ports.

I hope they have it bundled in

bodha

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
That is true, I'm starting to lean away from the top dots being another speaker too. Most plausible explanation to me is that it's for a microphone of some sort. Possibly for both, noise reduction and recording while filming. But for wireless charging they can't be. Those would require the cover to be equipped with sharp pins that could pierce your skin..

bodha

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
The speaker grill is just below the "logo", really faint and kind of mixed inside the noise. Full resolution shows it better.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll be very disappointed if the speakers are on the back, since the rest of the device seems to be made for multimedia.

h_portal

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean you want it to be like an HTC One?

I really like the HTC One front speakers. Side stereo speakers like on the N900, are easily covered with hands.

I wish they made speakers as good as some of the old phones, like 5800XM, I don't mean loud, but good quality for mids and mid-bass (iPhone/iPad speakers sound pretty nice despite being slim devices, so size can't be the limit here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster