Internet sharing on Cricket - why does it work with my 920?

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Internet sharing on Cricket - why does it work with my 920

I know Cricket doesn't support internet sharing but it works fine with my 920 (after doing the foreign sim trick).

The 920 is originally an ATT phone, now with a Rodgers rom - unlocked.

Just wondering why the 920 will work while my 1320, 640XL, and the BLU win HD LTE don't.

Also have an old 520 that also works on Cricket with internet sharing, both the 920 and 520 work with straight talk and internet sharing also where the newer phones don't.

Leaving Cricket for ATT because of this, but I'm curious.

Last edited:

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
re:

They have different firmware that didn't know internet sharing wasn't allowed. ATT and Microsoft have been closing those loopholes with each update.

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
re:

They have different firmware that didn't know internet sharing wasn't allowed. ATT and Microsoft have been closing those loopholes with each update.

Thanks, so it doesn't matter if the phone is locked then or what rom is used. I should have asked this question sooner, would have saved myself some time and frustration.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Internet sharing on Cricket - why does it work with my 920

I know Cricket doesn't support internet sharing but it works fine with my 920 (after doing the foreign sim trick)...

Really I think you answered your own question in your very first sentence.

You did a "trick" to go through an unclosed loophole and used an "end-around" method to fool the carrier. That "method" does not work on other models.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Internet sharing on Cricket - why does it work with my 920

Really I think you answered your own question in your very first sentence.

You did a "trick" to go through an unclosed loophole and used an "end-around" method to fool the carrier. That "method" does not work on other models.

Ding ding ding!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos