internet sharing

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I found this link on the news side of wpcentral in the comments section. Some guy with a 1020 sets up internet sharing on T-Mobile. I tried it on my 521 and it brings me right to the threshold then asks for a logon. I got the 521 wifi to turn on, connect to a NookHD with a password. Both the nook and the 521 showed they were connected and it brought up previous pages I had left open but not new searches.

Anyway here is the link maybe someone can do a better job than me and we can get internet sharing.

Lumia 1020 Unlocked - Internet Sharing - YouTube

jaceot

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Is it part of your plan! I just turn on internet sharing set up the name and password on that same screen and connect with no problem.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does your T-Mo plan support WiFi Hotspot?

I had no problems this past week when on the road... I just set up the name being broadcast and the password, then connected my Nexus 7 and had internet on it. Of course I'm on the Simple Choice Plan with the Unlimited option which allows tethering and the first 500MB at high speed.

Internet sharing is monitored by T-Mo and allowed only if your plan accounts for it.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My suggestion is to Try TetherX, and see if it works. It does have a Trial. But If it does work pay and get the Pro Version. (if you are strapped for cash. Use Bing Reward to earn points instead having to spend cash for it, may take a while to save up for $5 Card)

SmartPhone MobileHotspot (internet sharing) was one of reason why I choose T-Mobile and 521, did not have to pay extra for it on the $50 or $60 plans. The $70 plan (unlimited everything you do). AT&T has better coverage but no Mobile Hotspot without paying for it. And AT&T internet sharing is really locked down.

Last edited:

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I think I will try this. I have the $30 T-Mobile prepay plan that has 5 gig of data however the service is so awful where I use the phone that data is useless. If it weren't for wifi calling the phone would be useless for me. I could see using the hot spot once in a while depending on where I am but not for $10 per month. Besides if 5gig is available why should you have to pay extra to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs