iPhone 6/6+ Photos

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone share any please?

Preferably unedited and in various lighting situations.

I had a look through a photos thread on the macrumours site and imore and I'm struggling to see how the camera has been rated so highly by some people.

It's certainly not bad for a phone but that's about as far as I would go.

I'm hoping someone is able to show me images that reflect the device's dxomark in comparison with other smartphones.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone share any please?

Preferably unedited and in various lighting situations.

I had a look through a photos thread on the macrumours site and imore and I'm struggling to see how the camera has been rated so highly by some people.

It's certainly not bad for a phone but that's about as far as I would go.

I'm hoping someone is able to show me images that reflect the device's dxomark in comparison with other smartphones.

I don't have any to post here (as I don't own an iPhone), but DxO seem to rate the quality on the photos 'as they are' - that is in auto mode, without editing or touching the RAW data. The iPhone 6/6+ arguably have the best 'point-and-shoot' cameras in a phone - they're quick, take bursts and are good in most scenarios. It's these kind of things which is why people rate it so highly. Personally, (and with a family full of iPhones in my household) I prefer one fantastic photo over 5000000 average ones (*cough* 1020 *cough*). Although I will say you can't really beat the iPhone for speed and sudden 'moments'

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate that dxo look at various aspects of the camera but I thought IQ would have been the deciding factor above all else. Absolutely stunned at how little 'respect' the xenon flash is given next to LED, especially when it's pretty much an industry standard for photography.

There's no doubt in my mind that the 1020 is an average smartphone. WP is struggling, many developers haven't warmed to it and in terms of general phone specs, it's hard to put it anywhere close to some iPhones and tons of Android flagships but the image quality produced from its camera blows the rest away. Shot to shot time may be slow but that's a trade off I'm willing to accept for the end result..which once again, should be the most important thing when reviewing a camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea