Is Andromeda likely cancelled as the rumours say?

Luuthian

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey Dan, looks like several websites are reporting today that Andromeda has been cancelled as part of the recent Windows division shake up. How accurate do you think those reports are? Is Andromeda’s form factor only likely to live on if Third Parties take up the mantle?

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I ran out of time. I love my Lumia 950, and as long as I'm able to read email, send text, surf the web and take pictures, I was happy to hold on for Andromeda.

But in the last month, my phone has started rebooting when I try to take a picture. Last week, it started doing that when I clicked a link and it tried to open edge. So I've lost the web and picture taking functions.

I don't see myself buying a used 950 that'll fix anything, so I'm finally pushed out of Microsoft for a phone. And as expensive as things are, I'll stay with whatever I buy for 2 years minimum. Probably going to buy a Samsung S9 this week; not because I want to move away from Windows Phone, but because Windows Phone moved so far away from me it's exceedingly difficult to stay with it.

basically my experience. both of our 950XLs were both dying prematurely.... why would I buy another to replace them? and then, there was literally nothing else Windows to buy..

Back on Topic... No... Microsoft will not release Andromeda.... and if they do.. they will do it incorrectly and pull out of it before a version 2.0 of the device is released... Would love to be wrong... but I won't be wrong....