Is Google blocking Bing, and other MS services?

IdleMind

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Lately I've been having a problem with searches on my Android phone using Bing. At first I thought it was just a bad internet connection, but then just for grins I tried going to google.com and it popped up right away with zero lag. So then I tried going to outlook.com, nothing. I tried going to MSN, nothing. O365, nothing. I then searched for these same sites on google.com instead of typing the address in the search bar and the searches came right back with the site, but when I clicked on the site, nothing happened. Just hangs. I tried going to other sites, and searching other sites that are not related to MS and they work fine. Even searches work fine as long as I search from google.com. But if I try to get to any MS site, or search with Bing, I can't get anywhere. What's going on?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I doubt it's anything quite like that. It's possible that there's some form of outage regarding Microsoft services, although I've heard nothing of the sort and have not been affected myself. Have you tried using a different device or browser? It might be worth installing Microsoft Edge and seeing if that works. It's worth going through all the basics to isolate where the issue is. Restart your router, then your phone. Install a new browser. Etc.

IdleMind

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I disocovered the issue. Actually two things were happening. One, my phone was not switching to WiFi automatically for some reason. I finally seem to have gotten that issue situated, but another issue was revealed. While on WiFi the ability to actually use the internet even though it shows connected doesn't actually access the internet. When I turn WiFi back off on the phone everything works fine. I have full signal strength on WiFi but that doesn't appear to matter. My laptop, and other phone are both on the same WiFi and it works fine. I had to go into settings, then network or something and do a reset which wipes all of the WiFi connections. Once I put the WiFi back it worked fine. Now before I did that I went to my WiFi settings and deleted that particular connection and then recreated it. That didn't have any positive effect on internet connectivity. So the reset worked for maybe a week, maybe. It went back to not working again. I really don't feel like having to reset the network settings every time this happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte