Is it just me or are universal apps picking up momentum?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I work in IT at big finical/Banking firm in NYC and our most requested application is Windows UWP apps.

That's good news but doesn't really mean anything. The reason its the most requested is because is the only platform that doesn't have one. lol

Sent from my Surface 3

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
However, I also wonder, if there was a choice of using a youtube app on a desktop, or just going into the browser, again, would anyone bother with the app?

I suppose that would mainly be down to the performance of the website. For example, I always found the Facebook website quite slow to load, as well as being 'clunky' in terms of scrolling down the page, particularly when there were videos within the news feed (regardless of what browser I was using). I've now installed the app that was released a couple of days ago; I much prefer the UI of the app (to me, it's 'cleaner' and 'fresher'), loading is considerably quicker and scrolling is smooth. I have now removed the website from my browser's favourites bar, and am using the app.:grin:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This week's announced first-party additions: Vine, OneDrive, WinZip, inKin, Paint, Wattpad, and GiffGaff (UK MVNO carrier apparently)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria