Is it possible?

TKAtlanta

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Here is what I would like to accomplish - is it possible between the MS Band and Windows Phone.

I would like to set a wake up alarm that only vibrates my Band and does not alarm on my phone (without un-pairing/disabling Bluetooth, etc.)

Here is what I've attempted thus far with some results:

1) setting an alarm on the Band via Cortana - creates/syncs an alarm on both devices however the band alarm is suppressed when in sleep mode. The phone wakes me up but the band does not alarm.

2) setting an alarm directly on the phone - same thing as #1

3) setting an alarm directly on the band (no cortana.) the alarm is not suppressed when in sleep mode, thus waking me up, but my phone is going of too - which I don't want because it wakes the wife.

Is it possible??

Dima Habenko

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Here is what I would like to accomplish - is it possible between the MS Band and Windows Phone.

I would like to set a wake up alarm that only vibrates my Band and does not alarm on my phone (without un-pairing/disabling Bluetooth, etc.)

Here is what I've attempted thus far with some results:

1) setting an alarm on the Band via Cortana - creates/syncs an alarm on both devices however the band alarm is suppressed when in sleep mode. The phone wakes me up but the band does not alarm.

2) setting an alarm directly on the phone - same thing as #1

3) setting an alarm directly on the band (no cortana.) the alarm is not suppressed when in sleep mode, thus waking me up, but my phone is going of too - which I don't want because it wakes the wife.

Is it possible??

Yes, it's possible if you switch to iPhone :devil: There is no alarm synchronization between the two.
Sorry, could not resist :winktongue:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Number 3
What if you go to the ALARMS app and set the sound to vibrate only and switch off the vibrate in RINGTONES+SOUNDS.

Or make a ringtone with no sound and set that in ALARMS.

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm just testing this at my desk, but when I set the alarm directly on the band from the alarm tile.... my band alarm goes off and my phone doesn't do anything.

TKAtlanta

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
did your band have a chance to sync back to the phone in your test (i.e. did you set your test alarm for a large enough time in the future for this to occur?) I had the same test last night and thought - cool it works but I was setting alarms a minute into the future. When I set the AM alarm it went off on the phone as well.

TwoClipz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just did another 30 mins test, I also went into the Health app twice within that 30 mins and manually sync'd the Band. The band alarm went off and my phone didn't do anything.

I don't have any alarms set on my phone.

ablahblah

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
The alarm app/tile on the Band is independent of Windows phone. If you set the alarm via the alarm tile, it should vibrate the band when you it goes off, and your phone should otherwise be unaware of this. Only con is that you need to turn the alarm on manually every day, but if your schedule varies than mine, then it works out.
Any alarm you set on your phone will also ring your Band, but not vice versa (at least in my experience).

TKAtlanta

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
That's what I would have thought. Perhaps somewhere along the way I accidentally scheduled an alarm each way for the same time. I'll try it again. Thanks for all of the input.

defante

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I love the alarm feature on my band. Just adding to what's already been said, my phone (Lumia 925) doesn't go off if I set an alarm on the band directly. You could try disabling all your current alarms on your phone the next time you test it out and any other alarm app if you're not using the default one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sudhir0008