Is Microsoft taking fan concepts from WPCentral?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The updated facebook app and the new Xbox Music app both look identical to fan concepts posted a while ago. Or are MS UI designers posting here to get feedback?
if the former, then it proves that they listen to our feedback and adapt accordingly.
If the (highly unlikely)latter, then shouldn't they identify themselves so we can give a bit more feedbacl like Talderon?

Last edited:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The updated facebook app and the new Xbox Music app both look identical to fan concepts posted a while ago. Or are MS UI designers posting here to get feedback?
if the former, then it proves that they listen to our feedback and adapt accordingly.
If the (highly unlikely)latter, then shouldn't they identify themselves so we can give a bit more feedbacl like Talderon?

Yes I remember seeing this somewhere here! And it looks A LOT better (and much more Windows Phone like).

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
No, the new design is definitely not borrowed from the concept posted here some time ago.

iOS and Android have nearly exactly this design for months. It's more a second unification of all Facebook apps available. But yes, it looks a bit similar. :)
I'm sure this is a co-work between the WP Team and Facebook.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
No, the new design is definitely not borrowed from the concept posted here some time ago.

iOS and Android have nearly exactly this design for months. It's more a second unification of all Facebook apps available. But yes, it looks a bit similar. :)
I'm sure this is a co-work between the WP Team and Facebook.

I think you're right. I just found the one I was talking about. Similar but not the same.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...vices/286029-facebook-app-design-concept.html

Still looks way better!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
How do you think he made that concept? From existing Facebook Apps. This update is not the same design as that concept though. Similar, but really, how different can Facebook be?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
This isn't just about facebook though. Xbox Music as well.
Planned Xbox music UI -from Windows Phone render
FEATURES-xbox_games_music_windowsPhone_InvariantCulture_Default_medium.png
I made a thread and posted some concepts I found online. One of them was
pTvVSQz_medium.jpg
If the second one looks more familiar than the first, its because MS chose that UI
Xbox_Music_May23_update_Screenshot.jpg

For all those who say we should stop whining on this forum, this is proof that MS does listen to us...and that we should post more stuff

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay, you're right in this case. It really does look similar. :)

But I think that's great and shows how important the fans are for MS! Yes, it looks like they're really listening to us! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital