Is spotlight still not working for AU or is it just me?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Just after the Anniversary Update (AU), there were a lot of reports that the spotlight images weren't appearing and there was just a single colour blank lock screen

I have my pc on 14393.105 and the issue still persists. I can display local images or a slideshow from local photos but the spotlight images won't show at all

The strange part is that where the spotlight image is, I can still see the option that say do you like what you see

So if your spotlight images started appearing again, how did that happen? Can you share any suggestions on what I can do?

I'm using a surface 3

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My surface 3 was stuck on .51 for quite a while cause I never updated it..... but now I put it to .105... so unless it's taking time to show the spotlight, it's not working for me now either.

Thanks! ;) jk.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Before going to .105 today, I noticed my spotlight was showing and I remember seeing lots of different ones pass by while I was on .51 and put the feedback for which images I liked and what not.

My Surface Pro3 is on .105 and I usually have a picture for that. I just changed it to spotlight and it worked immediately.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This is from today: Missing spotlight.jpg

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Right now, my surface 3 is showing a spotlight image, but it's been there several days now... also I only have a do I like it question and no other facts on the left and middle

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
restarting the surface, updating from .51 to .105 build, changing options from single picture (works) to slideshow (also works) back to spotlight (doesn't work)

Hurm, was about to suggest you to do just that. Anyway, could you check if the spotlight images are downloaded to your pc? Follow this guide by Win Central: How to save Windows Spotlight lockscreen images so you can use them as wallpapers | Windows Central

If there are pictures there, I dare say it might be something wrong with the W10 on your Surface that's causing the Spotlight images to not be displayed correctly (something wrong as in bad installation, etc.).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)