Is the HP Elite x3 the BEST Windows Phone?

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
950XL may be better only because it can do NFC payments....

The 1520 is the same speed as my x3, screen is just as nice (IMHO), camera is better, has wireless charging, LTE, everything except Continuum....

...and comes in cyan and yellow!

-m

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
950XL may be better only because it can do NFC payments....

The 1520 is the same speed as my x3, screen is just as nice (IMHO), camera is better, has wireless charging, LTE, everything except Continuum....

...and comes in cyan and yellow!

-m
Does the 1520 have quick charge?

Sent from Idol 4s

zmancb7

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
I just side-by-sided my x3 and 1520:

x3 opens some apps noticeably faster
some apps open at just about the same time
1520 opens weather and storage much faster than x3

1520 doesn't have Continuum, battery isn't quite as good but I never complained in my 3 years of owning it, charges almost as fast when plugged into the wall, better camera.

I have it as a back up and as my "gameboy". Perfect for flying or taking the train. I've yet to test my x3 running an emulator to see if it handles it better. 1520 still gets REALLY freakin warm when I play pretty much anything. x3 stays calm cool and collected even when running half a dozen apps and multi-tasking but that should be expected.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The 1520 was my favorite, the x3 has not quite taken its place yet but I do believe the x3 is the better phone. The 1520 dominated everything around it at the time, but the x3 holds its own today for sure. If the x3 didn't have random reboots now and again I'd give it 1st place, but the 1520 ran more stable for me - even running insider builds. I have not yet installed insider builds on my x3 because I want to see it stable before I do.

If I used continuum more regularly then the x3 would be the go-to device, for sure. As it is, I'm very very happy with it today.

Manu Sekhri1

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I have owned them all and the HP X3 is easily the best phone of them all, the best battery life, support, fastest processor which is still being introduced in flagships today, unmatchable fingerprint reader functionality and perfect phone/screen size in a world trending towards phablets. I am thankful this phone exists as it has kept me around in Windows land where I want to be...

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
How do the Elite x3 and Idol 4s show notifications on the lock screen? Do they have Always On Display? A working notification l.e.d? This is a pretty big thing for me as I drive a lot with my phone mounted on my windscreen so I like to see what notifications I have without actually touching the phone.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
TBH I never owned or used the Elite x3 and I believe it is a great device but I'd say you get more for the money you pay if you bought Lumia 950/XL about 1 year after launch (considering prices at launch the x3 probably beats both of them as it has better processor, more ram and fingerprint scanner & LED).

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've also had the 1520, 950XL and the x3. The 1520 was spectacular on release, and is still my sentimental favorite. But the x3 is faster and a fair match so far as display, charges wireless or wall-plug much faster and has much longer battery life (on a good Build) and has Continuum and both iris and fingerprint login. As much as I still love the 1520, I would not consider buying one today because the absence of the above would be a deal-breaker. There's nothing on the launch pad that has my wandering from the x3, which I like a lot better than the Iphone 7Plus as well. I am interested in the Blackberry Mercury (which will run Android) but doubt it will supplant the x3. Not until there's a large screen Surface Phone!

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Spec-wise, the X3 beats any other W10M devices out there, so I agree that it is the best. However, taking into account the pricing of the x3, as well as the preference of users, I doubt it'll get the awards for 'best bang for your buck' or 'camera phone of the year'.

IMO, the x3 really is the best phone for people who don't mind spending a lot (not to mention on a rather diminishing OS) and can tolerate average camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion