Is the Upgrade Advisor WP 10 good for lumia 640 xl ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I bought lumia 640 xl on windows 8.1 update 2 , i want to use upgrade advisor to get windows 10, is it good or bad ? and what are the issues i might face ??! & I need to know, will it be slow ? should i got for it now, or wait ??

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought lumia 640 xl on windows 8.1 update 2 , i want to use upgrade advisor to get windows 10, is it good or bad ? and what are the issues i might face ??! & I need to know, will it be slow ? should i got for it now, or wait ??

You can use it since that is the official way of getting windows 10 mobile. You have a choice of getting it now or next week. If you get it now, you'll have to do another major update next week. So if you do it next week, you'll get the latest update

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Ikalgo1

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
You can use it since that is the official way of getting windows 10 mobile. You have a choice of getting it now or next week. If you get it now, you'll have to do another major update next week. So if you do it next week, you'll get the latest update

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Thanks, I've Logged in now, so i guess i might wait for the next week, but Please Can you tell me here when it is available, I'm new to windows phone, just switched from andriod, because i felt so bored of it & I though 640 xl is a boat to carry me inside windows wonder land so i get used to it & go get new flagship :D

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I've Logged in now, so i guess i might wait for the next week, but Please Can you tell me here when it is available, I'm new to windows phone, just switched from andriod, because i felt so bored of it & I though 640 xl is a boat to carry me inside windows wonder land so i get used to it & go get new flagship :D

The new update should begin releasing on 2nd August. It will depend on timezone and other factors: Will you get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on August 2nd? Maybe. | Windows Central

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So nice, I fixed My 930 & will wait till the anniversary update then Go for it :D I hope it will be as fast as or faster than redstone build

it's the same really, the only difference would be that since you're not getting it via insider, there will be less feedback telemetry thus battery life will be better and data usage lower

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
it's the same really, the only difference would be that since you're not getting it via insider, there will be less feedback telemetry thus battery life will be better and data usage lower

Great, i was so concerned about the battery , but i have high expectations, it is gonna me the most stable version ever released !

Ikalgo1

Jul 30, 2016
Visit site
The new update should begin releasing on 2nd August. It will depend on timezone and other factors: Will you get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on August 2nd? Maybe. | Windows Central

No problem to wait, I'm already in love of WP 8.1 update 2 , still windows 10 is gonna be better, I just got really tired from Android, I left windows phone at win 7.5 as far as i can remember & now i'm back to my Home :D , of course i'm as if i'm new, as i was absent from this platform for so so long time

SpO BoB

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
yes, as long as you've used the same account to sign in and you let store app update first

Oh nice, that's gonna be awesome, so i'll Get the update, & do factory reset , then update the store,
this will make store recognize my Purchased apps & also, the numbers i kept in the account should return without restore :D THANKS :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria