5.5" FHD Display
SD 617 or higher
2GB RAM
8/16/32GB Storage
Micro SD support
13MP Camera or higher
5MP front camera

Price: $199 - $299

Talk to me folks.. Is that a pipe dream for a Windows 10 Mobile device? I don't need beastly specs. The above is midrange at best.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Stefan Holder
Looking for a Windows 10 Mobile device with the following specs:
5.5" FHD Display
SD 617 or higher
2GB RAM
8/16/32GB Storage
Micro SD support
13MP Camera or higher
5MP front camera

Price: $199 - $299

Talk to me folks.. Is that a pipe dream for a Windows 10 Mobile device? I don't need beastly specs. The above is midrange at best.

jade primo in 6 months

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Talk to me folks.. Is that a pipe dream for a Windows 10 Mobile device?

This: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nuansneo/nuans-neo-windows-10-mobile

I'm pledged for exactly that spec except a 5" screen and only $280 USD delivered. Gotta wait til November though and the kickstarter is not doing well so this beauty might not make it out of Japan after all.

Take a chance and sign up. Nothing to loose really since they don't charge you if the goal is not met... And if by some miracle Trinity (the maker) decides to honor the pledges anyway... Your dream comes true.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You can try to get a 930. It's a bit old, but still performs quite nice. And you should be able to find it quite cheap.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
But it has only a 5" screen. I need at 5.5" screen. I deal with alot of emails daily. So the extra screen real estate is required.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Really the main issue is the spec you quote for the money you are willing to spend.

For W10M, the OEMs are generally smaller and running less production. It's hard for them to compete with the spec/$ on the two large platforms due to not having a high volume discount on parts and not occupying the top tier of the supply chains to get the best parts first.

I'm not sure that many people factor this in when they look at phones, they just see the disparity without examining the cause.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by RumoredNow
Really the main issue is the spec you quote for the money you are willing to spend.

For W10M, the OEMs are generally smaller and running less production. It's hard for them to compete with the spec/$ on the two large platforms due to not having a high volume discount on parts and not occupying the top tier of the supply chains to get the best parts first.

I'm not sure that many people factor this in when they look at phones, they just see the disparity without examining the cause.

Makes sense. I just thought about probably I can get a Lumia 1520 and update it to Windows 10 Mobile. Its officially supported. Has a great 6" screen and decent specs. I'm sure I can get one really reasonable now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense. I just thought about probably I can get a Lumia 1520 and update it to Windows 10 Mobile. Its officially supported. Has a great 6" screen and decent specs. I'm sure I can get one really reasonable now.

I look at my 1520 as still highly relevant today.

IMHO, it is still the most capable all-around device ever made for this platform.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by RumoredNow
Originally Posted by Stefan Holder

I look at my 1520 as still highly relevant today.

IMHO, it is still the most capable all-around device ever made for this platform.

Think that's the best bet for me.. Had to take a stint with an Android device cause my L1320 died.. Gosh I miss Live Tiles.. I miss WM. Even with the power of the Google Play app store at my disposal, I still long for my WM device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos